Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, nobody makes a worthwhile 13" tire, so it's a moot point.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

what's the best place to get rota slipstreams, black in 15x7?
      1991 Protege, Red, Automatic

Comment

eBay, or someone looking to unload them for some cash.

Welcome to the club btw.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

What about SSR comps? How much are those compared to slipstreams and how much should I be expecting for a full set?
          1991 Protege, Red, Automatic

Comment

SSR Comps are close to $300 each new, I believe. I got my set used from a friend's honda for considerably less, which is why I bought them. You should also get the hubcentric rings for them (5 bucks each at tirerack).

With Hoosier R3S04's, they weighed 28.4 lbs, measured on a scale at the tire shop where I bought the Hoosiers (Big Bear Tire in Wisconsin).

the only bad thing I found was that with 205/50-15 Hoosier's mounted, the tires rub the rear strut enough that I couldn't mount the wheel. I think these are 42mm offset, so that's probably why. But if you get a better offset, you won't have to worry about it. 5mm spacers will make the tire clear the strut by around 1mm, with the car on a jackstand. I got H&R 15mm spacers and studs, though, to go with my future plans better.

--sarge

Comment

i have the rotas and fuzion wheel/tire combo still pretty light
              Attached Files
              92 pro dx
              bp swap
              poly front trans mount
              pacesetter short throw shifter
              mx-3 rear disk brake swap
              mx-3 rear tiebar
              15" rota slipstream
              205/50/r15 fuzion zri
              93 lx front seats
              rx7 b code vmaf
              2.25 manifold back custom exhaust
              94 automatic header
              3" intake pipe
              16 degrees advanced timing
              front upper strut tower brace
              rear upper strut tower brace
              poly sway bar kit(front)
              more to come

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff
                SSR Comps are close to $300 each new, I believe. I got my set used from a friend's honda for considerably less, which is why I bought them. You should also get the hubcentric rings for them (5 bucks each at tirerack).

With Hoosier R3S04's, they weighed 28.4 lbs, measured on a scale at the tire shop where I bought the Hoosiers (Big Bear Tire in Wisconsin).

the only bad thing I found was that with 205/50-15 Hoosier's mounted, the tires rub the rear strut enough that I couldn't mount the wheel. I think these are 42mm offset, so that's probably why. But if you get a better offset, you won't have to worry about it. 5mm spacers will make the tire clear the strut by around 1mm, with the car on a jackstand. I got H&R 15mm spacers and studs, though, to go with my future plans better.

--sarge

Are those 15 x 7s? If so, SSRs in that size should be in the neighborhood of ~ 9 lbs each, which your 28 lbs for the combo makes basically rough sense, since the Hooseirs are down around 20 lbs each.

Keep that in mind people.....bitch all you want about wheelweights, but the the TIRE, which is much further front the center of the hub is the HEAVY part of the system.
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Yes, they're 15x7's, and they weigh 9lbs, that's what the ITA racer I bought them from told me. I never actually weighed them until after the hoosiers were mounted. But I think I will after I wear out the hoosiers and get ready for another set.

--sarge

Comment

I like the Regamasters.

Comment

SSR 15" rims that weigh 8.8lbs
                      My Car Domain
                      My VB Garage

1994 Protege LX

Cold Air Intake
                      Cat Back Exhaust

5 Speed Tranny Conversion.....Coming This Summer

Comment

There a good list of what vehicles have 4on100mm on this ebay auction

May help find some light rims.
                        -Donnie-

Comment

Originally posted by 94tege View Post
                          um... I wouldn't trust that list.

It list several models that have 4x114.5 and NOT 4x100. (Nissan 240sx is a prime example)

Stick with the miata list in the beginning.
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I have the 13x5.5 enkei apache v'swith a 175/50/13 sumitomo....wide enough for a festiva. 24.5lbs each

I also have a set of the 13" civic VX wheels which are 9.8lbs each with a hoosier r25 i should be at the same weight, maybe a little less

Lots of great tires can be had for a 13" rim advan, avon, toyo, kumho etc
                            Ebay Festiva 282.50.......BP01 SOHC motor plus the cost of rebuild 290.....being able to hang with low 15 second cars that think they're the bee's knees....PRICELESS
                            sigpic

Comment

i got the 90-91 LX alloys and they wieghed ~ 11 lbs.
                              i also had the 92-95 del sol si alloys, the ones that look like small fat fives, but i didnt like the look of them too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X