Subwoofer decision.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subwoofer decision.

I'm currently having a very rough time deciding whether or not I should order an e10k or wait for the new k series. I'm sure others may be going through this decision as well. Does anyone know when the new woofers are being released, or what the specs/prices are?

give em a few weeks to be released. if you are just looking for a good single 10, check out the blow out of phoenix gold titaniums on e-bay. just type in phoenix gold titanium there are a ton of 15's and 10's on there. i was gonna buy a pair of each, but i decided to pay off a credit card instead

Comment

looks like AA is finally working
      '02 classic red p5
      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
        looks like AA is finally working

not really, i'm about to buy a blazer to use as an SPL vehicle trying to break 155 in stock 1

Comment

What happened to the VW Beetle? So this will be 3 vehicles?! Wowzers!
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
            What happened to the VW Beetle? So this will be 3 vehicles?! Wowzers!

naw, i realized the beetle was just gonna cost too much money to completely finish it to show quality my dad is probably going to hang on to it, so maybe after i get all my credit cards paid off i'll be able to afford it.

Comment

Well, I decided to be patient and I'm now pre-ordering a 10kv.2

Comment

Originally posted by 18green99
                Well, I decided to be patient and I'm now pre-ordering a 10kv.2

take lots of pics

Comment

The v2 is looking to be an excellent candidate for my ported fiberglass project...

Comment

I'm back near square one. Now I can't decide whether I want the 10, 12, or 15. I'm not sure about the 15 though. I'm afraid it'll be kinda sloppy and miss some of the double pedal bass drum in a lot of the music I listen to. If money wasn't a problem I'd just get 2 of each driver and have nothing to worry about.

Comment

it's all about the box bro. personally, my sealed PG Ti15D sounds tight with about 1.45 cb. ft. of space (polyfilled). just as good, if not better than a sealed 10 inch sub, and much much louder to boot . there are obvious exceptions to the rule (brahma's, orion h2's, XXX's, etc)

Comment

I'm back near square one. Now I can't decide whether I want the 10, 12, or 15. I'm not sure about the 15 though. I'm afraid it'll be kinda sloppy and miss some of the double pedal bass drum in a lot of the music I listen to. If money wasn't a problem I'd just get 2 of each driver and have nothing to worry about.

wanna know what we call fast subwoofers? tweeters

people who tell you that 15's are sloppy, or aren't fast enough are so full of crap it's not even funny. you should never really play a sub above 80 hz, cause that is about the frequency where you can distinguish direction of the sound. so if you have a sub in your trunk that plays up to 120 hz, then the mid-bass region will be centralized and come from the trunk, so you'll have no left/right distinction and the sound will be pulled to the rear of the car. trust me, my 18 can play double bass pedal hits of vinnie paul, so you don't have to worry about a 15 if you want really kickin' double bass pedal, get some dedicated mid-bass drivers in your front doors so they blend with the sub.

Comment

I'm not sure about the 15 though. I'm afraid it'll be kinda sloppy and miss some of the double pedal bass drum in a lot of the music I listen to.
                          this is old skool thinking. 15's can keep up. sloppy? only in a sloppy install.
                          -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
                          >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
                          **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

Working...
                          X