i expected it to be lower..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i expected it to be lower..

I was wondering if my springs will settle/drop a little bit the more i drive on them.i got the b&g extreme 2.25" lowering springs,kyb struts,& 17" rims on 40 series tires.I was expecting it to be lower than it is.they've been on for a couple weeks but I don't drive it much ,usually only on weekends when it's nice.[trying to keep the mileage down]

yeah, they'll probably take time to settle (I've heard up to a year). One of my friends replaced his springs (just OE) and the car rode high for quite awhile.

Comment

I got mine in last September and they just felt like they steadied out about a month ago.

Comment

You also have to understand, that if you put bigger rims, like you did with 17s, you are actually raising the car a little bit, but not by much. Give it a week or two for them to settle in.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

the 17"s w/low pro's are the same size as the stock 14"s w/bigger tires.that's good to hear,hope they will drop a little bit more.thanks guys.

Comment

hmm. mine are about the same as my Intrax where. I thought it would have been lower also. But to be honest the front shocks don't have much travel. So I really don't want it any lower in the front. The back well...
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i have B+G extremes and when i had my 16's on, i could barely get a finger between my rear fender and tire... they are on stock struts tho...
              98 Protege SE
              -------------------
              1.5L Turbo

Comment

So, do you have any photo's yet..

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

they might stay right where they are, because you bought new struts too, i think it was negatize who who did a setup, with new struts and springs, and it really didnt lower it too much.
                  .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!
                  dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                  http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                  http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Yeah, You can see in my sig what the wheel gap is on my protege.. That is with 13 inch wheels and mazdaspeed shocks. I wouldn't even advice for my car to be lower, because when you neal down and look at the crossmember it is about 4 to 5 inched away from the ground. (maybe more maybe less. )

I would really love to get my hands on some JIC magic coilovers though. They make them for the 3rd gens. I don't know if the 3rd gens have similar rear engine mounts, but if they do.... Then the only real obsticle would be custom drilling the holes in the front strut tower 3 or 4 .. That would be some real handleing for my 2nd gen. hehe.

------~~~ Still contemplating this set up~~~-------

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

would it be not be smart to cut a couple inches off the spring to drop it even more?So if I had my stock struts back on it would be lower?I'm really not happy with the drop I must be lower.

Comment

Originally posted by dodson3
                        would it be not be smart to cut a couple inches off the spring to drop it even more?So if I had my stock struts back on it would be lower?I'm really not happy with the drop I must be lower.
                        I am not gonna tell you, you can't do it. But just remeber the 2nd gens have crap for travel in the front. I bottom out pretty easy at times in the protege.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i want to see a pic of your car.... either post one or email me one at tclapp@sympatico.ca

i'm gonna try to find the pic of my finger in the wheel well
                          98 Protege SE
                          -------------------
                          1.5L Turbo

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

nice wheels, it does look lower

Comment

Working...
                              X