Anyone else notice this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else notice this??

Of all the boards that I post on, I've noticed that this board (clubprotege) is the least cocky/rich asshole type attitude of them all. And I post on alot of boards. Most of the other boards I post on people constantly degrade those with less money, or those who cant afford 11 second supras etc. I was just reading about a topic on another board from a dude who makes like 20k a year, and everyone else is completely bashing on him, and telling him he's worthless and shouldnt even be modding cars and ****. I think its ridiculous. Do you think that Pro owner's just arent as rich as lots of other car owners?? I don't, I think its Protege owners, and other "cheap" car owners who are the true enthusiasts, who more appreciate their cars, and who truly make cars unique. Just my rant, I was just pissed about those people who were talkin crap. I only make like 25K a year, and Im 100% happy, and content. Id rather have my protege and truly appreciate it and work hard for the parts and to make it better, it give me a sense of accomplishment, than to have a supra and just throw money at it like its nothin......I dunno. Thats just me.
    Eat ****.

You make total sense. I think the people with less money end up having mods that are more unique. They have to be creative because they don't have all that money to buy the latest and greatest trendy car part. What drives me nuts is seeing all these kids on the beach driving around with new cars and they're not even 20!. I doubt a lot of them really appreciate their cars because mom and dad paid for it. Well Okay maybe I'm kinda jealous because I got a '79 chevette for my first car. (Ages ago it seems). It's what makes you happy with your car not everyone else. Although it's nice sometimes to get opinions and bounce things off other people.
    If you drive a Mazda...you made a wise choice
    <p>

Me if I were skinny

Comment

Darren... you cheap bastard, get a better job and buy a Supra like the rest of the Colorado people! Just kidding... I know what you mean about the other boards (considering we're on a few of the same boards) and I get tired of that **** too. That is why I love this community. And we do have some rich bastards on this board too... their 'slummin-it' rides are the protege's, which tend to be turbo'd or something. lol. But, we love them anyway. This community kicks ass. ClubP4evar.
      -mike lucero
      1988 Mazda 323 GTX
      2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

I'm not really "poor" but I think I'm thrifty. I could get a newer car, or "better" car, but I don't really see the point. I'm learning my track driving skills, and how to modify, and if I screw up either one, it's not *that* huge of a loss. Sometimes it seems when I browse other boards, with newer cars especially, they're so whinny... like their last car was a Mercedes or BMW and it never had problems or something.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

another certain major protege board have people who own mp3s, p5s, and msps who try to separate themselves from the rest of the protege crowd... the msp guys try to separate themselves above all, they have their "special" car that's sooo unlike the other proteges, and the mp3 guys are just left hanging grasping straws because their **** isn't that much of a big deal anymore... and then the p5 guys try too hard separating themselves from the other 3rd gen guys just because their car has the mad tyte body kit and hatch

ask them and they won't admit it, but read what they post and it's evident by their simple "p5 intake" or "msp engine" threads or whatever other statements that conveniently ignores the other cars... furthermore, each of those groups tout their specialness of their car and how its verrrry different from all the other proteges

this belittling is no better than bashing poor people up front
          TheMAN
          '01 BJFP MT
          '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
          No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
          It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
          -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
          -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
          -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
          No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

Comment

very observant.. soundillusions.net is identical to this board. you all know, people who typically drive protege's are in the market for a good commuter car, or the best they can afford.. and later find out to a degree, the little nuances that make the protege a fantastic economy/sports sedan. i think we all agree, sure, each protege would benefit from a little more horsepower, lower stock suspension.. maybe something that rides a little more comfortable, a luxury interior/exterior (better cloth or leather apholstry, more 'sexy' dash contors and body lines, etc), but thats not in the cards, what you get is a nice little car with fairly decent pickup, great steering, good front/rear weight balance. all in all, it's an economy car that's fun to drive.
            peace

Comment

I'm trying to think of something I don't like about my car....Hmmmm...I may have to get back to you on that. I don't need it to be any faster. It's got plently of room. It makes going around curves fun, it didn't cost me like 50,000 because I was mostly buying the name. I'm short and it's a small car, so it's just the right size for me. So far no complaints. Although it would be kinda cool if the cruise control was lit up for night time driving. I'm not mean to other people because they don't drive a mazda. And I don't care how much money someone else spends on their car. It's all personal preference.Some people are just unhappy unless they're insulting someone else. You just have to ignore those types
              If you drive a Mazda...you made a wise choice
              <p>

Me if I were skinny

Comment

just praise the Protege Gods Man!
                Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                Beige 1994 Protege DX
                Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

From the other board:
                  Originally posted by protejay5
                  it sucks for p5, msp, and mp3 owners because they are always lumped together with the protege sedan.

i swear i have to tell people i work with at least once a week that its a protege5......5 dammit! 5! not just protege!

my insurance co has it listed as a protege. whenver i call somewhere for a quote (tint shops) or have something installed, they ask what kind of car i have and i say protege5. they are like, "5? whats that? is it the same as the regular protege" so yeah, basically when the tint shop said they had no idea what the p5 was and that they could "probably" use the same as the sedan, i hung up...
                  heh.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

hahah Mike...I quit my job, and Im now the CEO of Microsoft, and I can afford to buy 45 supras, 15 bentley's, all the Ferrari Enzo's and All the remaining Shelby Cobra's left. HA, and thats just my weekend cars. LOL. Seriously tho, Ive noticed that a little bit about some of the P5 MSP and MP3 owners. Like the other day, I saw this MSP and I was gonna go talk to him and tell him to come check out this site. And he asked me what I drove, and I pointed and said thats my 91 protege...he was like....thats a protege???? And he was like yea, um I dont think ill be going to that site, if they have those kind of protege....haha, i just laughed and told him he was a fag and left......I LOVE my car, and wouldnt trade it for the world!
                    Eat ****.

Comment

ack. enjoy this board. Im glad its not like the others and I hope it wont regress in the future as we grow.
                      Sagaris

Comment

i have a simple philosaphy, i have a sense of humor about my car because, lets be honest, it looks like crap. chipping paint and dents and yadda yadda yadda... so i make fun of it all the time. however im also very proud of my car, show me a car that goes for 260,000 miles before its first major problem, and ill give you props. however people know that if they insult what i have spent my hard earned money to get, they are going to get yelled at, AT THE VERY LEAST. i will not hesitate to finish the **** that someone else started.

but lets not judge the majority for what a minority chooses to say/do. im more than sure that there are plenty of nice and cool people driving msp's and p5's and mp3's
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Kinda funny story. At a Protege BBQ in October, I was there early in the morning. (This was the first meet that was less than 90 miles away). So there's me, junky old Protege, a red FD RX-7, and a Spicy Orange MSP. One of the park workers ask whose car that is. The red one? -- No. The orange one? -- No. "I used to have a Protege just like that one and I loved it!" Yay, thanks
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i like my Protege

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

lol. The Man. Preaching about people belittling other people. Better look in the mirror there, chief.

Comment

Working...
                              X