Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there many common problems with the BP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there many common problems with the BP?

I am gonna swap a BP(ze) in my mx-3 and i was wonderin if there are common problems i should know ahead of time that many people have experienced. Sorta like DSMs and their crankwalk, or the mx-3 iac valve problem or whatever, stuff like that. If you could post back and give me some insight on the BP it would be helpful. Thanks, Peace.

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

uhhmmmmm I dont think that there really are any widespread major problems with em....maybe the HLA's ticking which happens in about all BPs but thats about it, as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeaks
      uhhmmmmm I dont think that there really are any widespread major problems with em....maybe the HLA's ticking which happens in about all BPs but thats about it, as far as I know.
      Same thing I was gonna say. There was also an issue with the 90 maybe 91 crank. Don't remember the details. I don't think there are any other major issues.
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

do you have any more info on the crank problem? my BP is out of a 90 or 91 ill check later but has the older style tails like my 90.

Im haveing a wierd creaking type sound which I though was coming from the head, but I guess maybe not. I have narrowed it down to either the cam gears, crank, or oil pump, as when I was changeing my timing belt I only had the timing belt on and started my car and it still made the noise. It only happens on startup and last no more than a minute or two, then after the car is warmed up a little goes waya untill the car has been sitting for an hour or more. I posted a thread but had no responses at all.
        Last edited by Tweeaks; 05-06-2004, 09:29 PM.

Comment

they'll drink about a quart of oil per 3000 miles, but that's just the oil squirters...it's normal.
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Ya, as far as I know, there are never any major problems with the BP. I've never even heard of any non-turbo guys blowing a motor.....

Comment

well i did in my sohc due to a rod bolt coming loose.

Comment

when i did the bp swap on my 323 i had problems on the traction everytime i hit 3k rpm the 323 dont seem to move but the tires are spinning, smoke is coming out of the tires and i get a neck pain. (hehehe)

na, really the only problem i got is the frickin vibration at idle and " where the hell did 1/2 quart of oil went?"

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                  they'll drink about a quart of oil per 3000 miles, but that's just the oil squirters...it's normal.

huh? no pHuCkiNg wonder i always have to put oil every 2 weeks and i dont have no oil leak external or internal...thx for the info!

Comment

i know a common problem with the bp. it causes a condotion called honda-in-the-rearview-syndrome
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

lol yeah I think mine has that problem...

Comment

Working...
                      X