Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trucks larger than an F350 should be illegal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trucks larger than an F350 should be illegal!

Okay, on my 70 mile commute each day, I've been patient with truckers, knowing that they're just doing their job, but someone needs to figure out what to do to keep these things from kicking up rocks! I tried to count the rock chips I have in my windshield, and I lost count at 50, and hadn't even gotten halfway across the windshield, not to mention the fact that my black paint looks like it has zebra stripes from all of the scratches they've made. So today, another truck...a farm truck nonetheless (the absolute WORST, especially here in North Dakota) kicks up a rock, and I got to watch a nice crack run across the middle of my windshield. So, my 2003 Protege with 13,000 miles on it looks like a "rez runner" now. SO, with no offense meant toward truckers, I'm going to say this: We have railroads in this country for a reason! We need to ban all trucks larger than an F350 dualie! Unless someone can figure out a way to put something on them that'll make them stop kicking up rocks.
    Last edited by Breiland; 05-23-2004, 03:46 PM.
    2003 Protege LX 5-speed

Good luck.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Stop Tailgating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

How are we gonna stock our stores or get gas to the gas stations then?
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
          Stop Tailgating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          FYI I wasn't tailgating. It was an oncoming vehicle.
          And I'm sure you all would feel the same way if you had a car that's less than a year old that needs a new windshield and paint job, for that one reason alone.
          2003 Protege LX 5-speed

Comment

Not to defend truckers, but have you thought about the theory " wrong place, wrong time" ? I'm a roadway/bridge inspector on I95 in south Florida and whould say that it takes one tire to kick a rock, not eighteen. Unless the trucks are hauling rocks/sand to begin with, I just think you have bum luck. Anyways sorry about your windshield and as for the paint. I also have the **** black OEM paint job. I looked at my hood funny last night and the bitch chipped.

Tony
            Tony
            Intense Performance
            Mazda Club
            of South Florida

www.ipmcsfl.com
            www.responsenegative.com
            www.cystband.com

I'm happy because Dima speeds, which makes him happy. He seems to be happy only when speeding, which makes me happy. And when I'm happy people around me are able to live another day. If you are alive right now, you should thank Dima.

Comment

I really dont think this is in the right forum
              Sagaris

Comment

Me either, moved to General Automotive.
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Perhaps you should invest in a car bra? It's not gonna protect the windshield but at least your bumper won't look like it's spotted.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Just think of it as "battle-damaged," like those old X-Wing fighter toys.
                    ~Mark.
                    2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

i get rather iritated becuase of those larger truck too. havnt had them kick up rocks on my car but you would always see those crazy kids in there imports doing 80mph+ of the freeway but no.. it's red necks in there trucks... well mostly older people. they use up a lot of gas (i work at a gas station) and 70% of the time there just getting grocies. Same thing with those big ass SUV that are used to hual there two kids around town... BUY A PROTEGE!! they can hual the kids aorund too at 1/4 of the cost. Sorry my boss at work told me the other day that the reason why gas prices are so high is people americans today are using far more gas than we can produce so the only thing i could think of is those larger SUV/Trucks driving around town... oh yeah while i'm trowing a fit.. how about the parking lots.... seen one of those things try to manauver around people? they can't.. and they take up way too much room to park them selves..

and about those rock chips in the front. my friend who owns a honda was riding with me and asked if it was raining lol so i use my window whipers and he was like Holy crap!! i just forget waxing my front bumper.. it's pointless
                      sigpic
                      1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
                      1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
                      2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Dont follow so close, Without those trucks we would have nothing

Comment

needless to say, you figure out how to carry 8 sheets of 4x8 plywood in a protege without suffering suspension damage and carry a 20 foot extention ladder on your roof, we'll talk. and besides, i thought north dakota was mostly rural.. wouldn't your next solution be getting a truck instead .
                          kevin

Comment

i think you should expect that kinda S-O-L living where you live

i do however join the crusade against gas guzzler SUVs, and all cars with engines larger than 3 liter displacement for that matter. for towing power, we'll generate mad demands for turbodiesel engines which rock the heezay!
                            2002 Protege LX
                            ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

suck it up, who cares how much gas they use, thats their choice, my parents both drive SUV'S my other car is a taurus with a 3.8 litre, gas is going to go up reguardless of what you do, its supply and demand, they can charge what they want to charge, most of you complain about the big trucks, and SUV'S but i guarentee at some point of your life you will own a truck with a nice big engine, or an SUV, try and haul 3 kids around with their crap and groceries, in a protege, you will hate life, try and go to home depot when your older, and own a house, and want to sheet rock your bathroom, yeah bring the protege.......
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X