project car/323 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

project car/323 questions

hey everyone, im wanting to get a project car. the goal at the end is to turbo it. im not sure what kind of car to get but the 323 is an option. i want a car that i can pick up cheap and one that has cheap insurance. can anyone think of some more cars that would be like that?

now to the 323 questions... how much did you guys pay for your 323's, and how much is your insurance for it. if i get a 323 id swap the bp in it (thats pretty easy right?).

Id go with the 323, you should be able to pick one up in decent shape for around $500. Insurance depends on the company you buy from, the state you live in, your age, and your driving record, so it's hard to give an estimate. AFAIK swapping in a BP would be very easy. Im currently in the process of saving and searching for a 323 myself. I already have a GTX motor waiting to swap in. Good luck!
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

i think 323's are kinda ugly but i was following one today and looking at it, they arent too bad... i want a blue one... doesnt matter tho lol.

insurance on my protege is about 1100 a year. so probably about the same/mabey a little less?

Comment

Originally posted by dylan
        i think 323's are kinda ugly but i was following one today and looking at it, they arent too bad... i want a blue one... doesnt matter tho lol.

insurance on my protege is about 1100 a year. so probably about the same/mabey a little less?
        The ass end on the 323 are kinda iffy, but if you throw on the upper and lower spoilers, full GTX/GTR kit, some wheels and a drop, they are pretty sweet.

I would imagine the insurance rate would be similar to your pro, they are basically the same car.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

In stock form the 323's are a bit plain. Invest some $$ into the car and it's another story. For example, look at this beauty:

The 323 is light and a small turbo like the VJ-20 will make it a rocket!

-------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
          -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

oouch !!! words are so harsh.... " i think 323's are kinda ugly ".
            I never notice this cars only HONDA's until I saw a nice ass 323 on my way to VEGAS....

The only thing that i dont like on this 323's is the rear section of the rear then all the way to the back hatch but with the help of my $16 spoiler it made the car look real nice...

I'm 24 and paying $66/month for my full coverage insurance or you can get a Liability insurance for $40/ month

Comment

i started building this car in 10/02. After a year i've have most of the parts I wanted.
              You can get this parts at the junkyard for cheap. Oh ! just so you know the dohc engine is only $176 and thats regular price w/ 120.XXX miles or less...sometime they have 50% off. Mostly on the long weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                oouch !!! words are so harsh.... " i think 323's are kinda ugly ".
                I never notice this cars only HONDA's until I saw a nice ass 323 on my way to VEGAS....

The only thing that i dont like on this 323's is the rear section of the rear then all the way to the back hatch but with the help of my $16 spoiler it made the car look real nice...

I'm 24 and paying $66/month for my full coverage insurance or you can get a Liability insurance for $40/ month
                well dont get me wrong, im just not a big hatchback fan. the front half of the car is nice, its the back half that "im not too sure about". i like my protege and i hear you 323 people talking about how quick they are with just the DOCH swap, and if it handles as good / better than my protege then id definitly like it. this is going to be a sleeper car so i dont want to spend much/any money on looks(unless it needs a paint job/dents in it then itll get fixed).

Comment

we all want the 1337 sl33p3r......lol
                  91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.