4WD Interior Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4WD Interior Work

The first pic is a piece of duct work I need. The second is the style of door panel. I need the drivers side, with as many handles and screws as can be had.
    Attached Files
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

the ductwork can be found in any NON- A/C'd BG.... your best primary source would be a 323..... alot of them are just plain base model
    the charcoal greyish doorhandles should be fairly easy to come by.... as far as additional panels or so- its been to long i don't remember my protege interior.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I'd kinda like one of those pieces of ductwork as well. Haven't really found any BG's that had them available, everything seemed to have AC for some reason.

But, 6" round metal dryer vent fits perfectly around both sides of where that duct goes...

--sarge

Comment

I'll keep you in mind if I come across an extra. I remember your dryer vent magic pic. Good stuff.
        Last edited by 1st Gen; 07-29-2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I have a center console and gauge cluster ready to go in. The radio is going to be a question mark until I get farther along in the process.

I am going to be going to the j/y on Tue to look for the drivers side door panel and steering wheel. (along with other stuff)

I tried to chase the treads on the shoulder seat belt bolt hole on the drivers side but my biggest tap was 10mm. I rolled down to Sears and realized they don't sell single taps. I tried the parts house but they don't sell 11mmX 1.25 pitch threads. I ended up with 7/16 x 20 and it seems to work okay. I'm told this is actually the correct size to use anyway.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 1st Gen; 07-25-2010, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Reserved

Comment

Reserved01

Comment

still have the original evap core housing? why not just gut the core out of it and seal up the housing and use that if you wish to retain the stock look .. i did and it's completely hidden behind the panels anyways

Comment

correct, 7/16" x 20 is the federally mandated size to use for seat belt bolts.

And, the evap core housing is big and bulky, probably just a looks thing.

--sarge

Comment

Right now the AC is complete for anyone that wants it. At least I'm hoping to sell it at some point.

Comment

Got some good work done today.

Jason had picked up some manual seat belts and had them installed mostly. I had to chase the threads on the shoulder bolt hole and I got that done yesterday. I got that bolt shimmed up properly so it fits like it's supposed to today.

I was also concerned with the metal plate that covers the spool down by the floor boards. The one on the drivers side was rusty as hell and I think the one on the passenger side is funky too. I did the same thing with that one that I did with the out put shafts on the LSD. I chipped off all the rust I could and sprayed them with a clear Rustoleum Primer product. I'm glad to say it seems to be working fine.

I got the new door panel installed today. I should have picked a panel with the speaker cover on it but figured I was going to get a stereo at some point and those speakers come with covers so I left it for someone else. Time will tell if this was a good idea.

I got the duct piece installed and it looks just like the one in the pic. I was going to pick up another one for Sarge but forgot to. (I'll get this on the next trip for sure)

I picked up a coil for cheap and installed it in under a minute. To those people that were offering, thanks but got it covered.

I didn't get a new steering wheel but did get a new center piece for the old one. I'm not sure yet what kind of refurbishing I'm going to give this old piece of crap but I'm going to do something for sure.

I still need the radio antenna and as soon as I figure out how to get the sucker out of the donor car, I'll be set.

I might dig out the center console I bought and check it for fitment just for fun.

I was worried when i saw the rust on the seat belt mechanism but am glad to find that it was only the transplanted parts that had the rust. This car is actually not too bad. When I put the new trunk deck on, I'll only have the underneath of the car to deal with.

I just realized today that the wires for the rear window defogger have come loose from the glass. Dammit! Maybe I can solder them or something.
                      Last edited by 1st Gen; 07-29-2010, 02:17 AM.

Comment

I need to do that upgrade with the A/C thingy. I might be able to throw all my wire tucking stuff down there instead of under the radio

Comment

Found an interior for this. I'm not sure how to remove those A pillar moldings or the headliner with out damaging them but I'm going to give it a shot. It's all in great condition and it's all blue, lol. I'm pretty tickled about it if I can get it for not too much.

Comment

PM me details on the AC Stuff, Mine was removed before I got the pro.
                            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

If you get a chance could you snap a pic of the floor pan under the rear seat? I'm interested to see what the access area looks like for the split fuel tank pumps.

Comment

Working...
                              X