1988 sohc 4 speed 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 sohc 4 speed 323

So I need help with a replacement trans Idk 100% what hAppened. Lost clutch pressure. And booom no more gears. Fluid everywhere hole in trans. See picture. I was told. 1990-1994 protege sohc trans will fit. Is this correct? I was told even the fiesta trans would work But is by far the weakest. I'm located in SOUTH DAKOTA BROOKINGS TO BE EXACT. MAYBE TAKE A SIDE MIRROR TOO LOL AS MINES THE BASE... LEAST OPTIONED CAR THANKS KYLE

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 88SLABMAZDA View Post

So I need help with a replacement trans Idk 100% what hAppened. Lost clutch pressure. And booom no more gears. Fluid everywhere hole in trans. See picture. I was told. 1990-1994 protege sohc trans will fit. Is this correct? I was told even the fiesta trans would work But is by far the weakest. I'm located in SOUTH DAKOTA BROOKINGS TO BE EXACT. MAYBE TAKE A SIDE MIRROR TOO LOL AS MINES THE BASE... LEAST OPTIONED CAR THANKS KYLE

Comment

90-94 tranny will not fit right. The BG set up is tilted 11* to the front..then your motor mounts wont't line up. You need to look for an F series out of another BF (86-89) 323 for the direct swap. Anything else will involve more money , time and parts. I have a passenger mirror for your car. LMK by PM.

Comment

U close to my location? How much

Comment

i have one but I'm in WI
          5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Ryan1? Transmission? Or mirror

Comment

speeds will be a chore to find ..more likely to find a 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                speeds will be a chore to find ..more likely to find a 5 speed
                I lost the opportunitie to buy another 88 sohc 4spd for 500$ in Omaha. Was while car.

Comment

yes i have a mirror and a 4 and 5 speed bf transmissions.
                  88slabmazda i sent u a pm.
                  5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

86-89 323s, 91-94 Non turbo Mercury Capri, as well as 87-91 Mercury Tracers with the B6 use the same F series transmission as the 323 SOHC. It looks like your pressure plate threw something off and it disappeared out of the case. You may still have a good transmission, you may need to swap the case half that is damaged. The 4 speeds are basically the 5 speed without the gear on the end of the case (inside the metal end-cap), and are similar in every other way for swapping.

Comment

Where are you located and do u still have 5spd trans

Comment

Working...
                      X