replacement wiper assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacement wiper assembly

1996 ES. My driver side wiper arm is shot. The splines on the arm and on the post are both rounded off. I cannot find the wiper arm available any where so replacing the assembly and arm seems to be the only option, Any suggestions on make/model/year parts may fit. Thanks for your help.

Dorman makes one, part # 602-613, that you can get through most autopart stores. Autozone has it listed for $120, though. Or you can look for a used one from a local junkyard/recycler. I found a few yards in Arizona that have it listed for $35-$50 (<-link). A wiper assembly from any BHA chassis (1995-1998) will work, not sure if other years or models use the same assembly, and either engine (1.5L or 1.8L). You can also post in the WTB section if you haven't already and some members here might be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
      Dorman makes one, part # 602-613, that you can get through most autopart stores. Autozone has it listed for $120, though. Or you can look for a used one from a local junkyard/recycler. I found a few yards in Arizona that have it listed for $35-$50 (<-link). A wiper assembly from any BHA chassis (1995-1998) will work, not sure if other years or models use the same assembly, and either engine (1.5L or 1.8L). You can also post in the WTB section if you haven't already and some members here might be able to help.
      Thanks for the reply. I had seen the assembly available but I have not been able to find a new wiper arm to fit the assembly. Perhaps I will try to contact Dorman to see which if any wiper arms fit that part number. Question. How are the wiper arms on your 97 fastened to the assembly? Had a guy at a salvage claim that all Protege arms were snap on while mine are fastened with a nut.

Comment

My '98 and '97 arms are held on with a 10mm nut. Sounds more like the guy is talking about how the wiper blade attaches to the arms (slides into the hook and snaps). Mazda's part number is BC1M67321B, but I can't find it listed anywhere except dealer sites for $40-$50. If the salvage yard does have a Protege, you might be able to ask to see the part/car yourself (at least the yard I work at allows customers to do that and a couple yards I've been to in the past let me wander around to find something myself).

Comment

how did the splines get rounded off?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
          X