• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hips710 View Post
    What percentage of all the parts do you have for the car

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    All "parts" really,...
    Waiting on brake shoe hardware kit-bigger shoes and brake lines for back end,...these are parts too,but I could use what's there and I was going to,....
    But,...I suppose I might aswell do "everything" at this stage.

Comment

those gas tank vent bits..... i've never seen them not covered in rust...............
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        those gas tank vent bits..... i've never seen them not covered in rust...............
        Ya sham,I agree with you here,....these (anti-explosion thingys),..I've never seen them in any state other than "crumbling",lol.

This,and a lot of miscellaneous things like it I've been playing with at home,...taking the cleanest bits and pieces from the cars at the ranch and making a perfect version of as many pieces as possible is the plan.

Took pics of it in pieces and assembly,....but don't want to bore people more than I am already with pointless pics and sh1t talk,so didn't upload them.
        Couple more pics there,...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Scrummatron; 06-14-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

And here are some pics of aforementioned thingy in its place,..
          Everything is kind of hanging loose under here still,..
          In the "test fitting" phase if there is such a thing,...it probably appears that I'm tearing the arse out of things a bit,but only getting to actually work on car a few hours a week ATM,...so building up to the day (soon,...as always) I can literally fit and fix "everything" together,...
          Attached Files

Comment

i am jealous sir
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
              i am jealous sir
              Jealous of having so many cars to pick and choose from I'm guessing?,...
              Or maybe of that piece?,...

Either way,it's nice to see a few bits going on the car.

Have a few other things finished,...this peice not quite going on the car,but with the bumper attaching brackets this can go back on rear bumper to await spraying.
              Looks good.
              The one beside it is the cleanest "non restored" one I have,mostly,even years ago,these are always falling apart.
              Attached Files

Comment

Again,I took pics of a lot of the process,mostly pointless,..
                But a couple here of the work,...as proof maybe??
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Scrummatron; 06-17-2017, 06:38 PM.

Comment

These kind of bits are trivial I know,but it's actually pretty hard to find "perfect" versions of anything here,..
                  This fuel filler yoke,I had blasted ages ago,....then painted it,and then found pin holes near the overflow bit,..so had to get it welded again,and changed the angle a bit so it wouldn't trap as much muck in the future,.
                  (That's the bluff anyway),..lol.

Pitting in places after the blasting,but virtually everything has it,so it's not really bothering me.
                  Shiney new nuts and the likes,this is ready to go aswell.
                  Attached Files

Comment

So eventually I've managed to gather and tidy up every part for the rear end,...
                    It took ages,and was a pain,...especially considering it will probably take only an hour r 2 to fit it all,.. ....sigh"".

Starting with the fuel filler bits,...
                    I showed the actual metal pipes already,but here's all the other bits needed,...
                    New fuel pipes,new clamps,and refurbed OEM clamps for the big pipe.
                    The best shape gasket things and pipe stabiliser thing I could find,..

Looks good.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Seen these already but here the back hubs,plates,drums,shoes,and screws,...all refurbed,painted and cooked .
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Scrummatron; 06-24-2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

The back plates were a bit messed up so had to send them to the sandblaster for a proper going over,but pics here of the process to show no corners cut,..

This is all ready to go too,...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Rear brake cylinders stripped and remade in as new shape.
                          Attached Files

Comment

And the rest,....
                            All the bolts,nuts,washers,brake lines,hardware kit,rubber covers,..
                            Also some handbrake bits il be fitting at the same time.
                            All these,and my box of mint nuts,bolts and bungs means I've all there ready to go on,...

Spent a lot of time messin and cleaning all these.
                            All painted and done by me,so not expecting the paint to last forever,but I'm curious to see how much cracks or chips off,so I will take note.

These going on in next day or 2.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Do you have any update, love what your are doing, it is even inspiring me to do the same with my BG.

Comment

Originally posted by oriel_omar View Post
                                Do you have any update, love what your are doing, it is even inspiring me to do the same with my BG.
                                Cheers for that sham,..I'm making a meal of it tbh,but I'm not really "pushed" for time,and it is a labour of love,so I'm just tipping along.
                                Small update to follow,...but a proper Update soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X