[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    94 Protege LX

best. color. ever.

Comment

please do a nice detailed list of things for the civic radiator. that is by far the cleanest mount job i have seen. like what did you do for the lower mounts? the place you got it from would be nice also.

NEUMAN

Comment

Believe it or not once i figured out how to mount it it was pretty easy. The radiator is a civic aluminum radiator off ebay. As for the lower mounts I reused the original driverside radiator mount. To get the right hight i had to flip it over so i got an addtional 2 inches of height. for the 2nd lower mount I used one of the orginal upper mounts. I drilled a hole through the cross member and tapped it then just set the mount there and screwed it in. I only used one screw because there was a pre exsisiting hole in the memeber so im still not sure how long that will hold.
        As for the top i went to lowes and picked up a strip of aluminum and a couple of screws and nuts. I drilled a hole in one end for the knob to fit into. Then i bent it down and back about 1/2 in so it would line up with the frame. I screwed in one piece to the frame, using one existing hole and adding another one. Then i lined up the 2 pieces of aluminum and bolted them together. I smoothed all the edges out with and osilating sander. It wasnt terribly hard just time consuming. I should also mention that the hoses do not fit correctly at the moment, I have one being shipped from summit to me.
        94 Protege LX

Comment

sweet! it looked like you used a upper as a lower in one pic but i didn't know about the otherside. well looks like i need to start my radiator plans then. that looks like it sits far enuf to the side it will clear just about any turbo i would want to throw in my copper car. thanks for the help. im sure i will modify it from your ideas to some point. are you happy with the radiator? like is of good quality?

NEUMAN

Comment

Nothing bad about the radiator yet. Oh I should also mention the fan fit pretty nicely with the radiator. Only needed cutting of the plastic in a few pieces. The only thing to becarful of is the radiator inlets and outlets are a tiny bit smaller than stock. The hose still tightens around them with out leaks so far. It keeps the car cool with lots of room for my future turbo project.
            94 Protege LX

Comment

^ all things i like to hear! i will jsut run universal hoses to it for simplicity reasons.

NEUMAN

Comment

Looks great! Thanks for posting. I love to see 1st gen pics on here.
                Back in BG business.

Comment

looks really nice. i like 94's with the "323 front end"
                  1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

what year civic? 92-95ish? are you still running AC?
                    '91 Protege LX
                    BP rockin 178,XXX
                    *plans:
                    new BP, pacesetter header/ new exaust, then some body work to clean it all up....hopefuly boost sooner or later.

Comment

Thats the exact same radiator I got for my MX-3 project.... so the protege fan works?
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Hmm i would never thought of that . I'm using a probe rad. and it leaves me with no room for improvement . i'm gonning to have to try that but i goinng to have the local High school metal shop class fab me some mounting brackets they can make almost anything out of alum. Thanks for the info rage557 .
                        Last edited by mazdaboy1974; 09-01-2005, 04:53 AM.
                        I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

^^^^ does your car have a turbo?
                          1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

nope
                            I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by silver03p5
                              best. color. ever.
                              Rob its ok...your fat and color blind, your cars acutally PINK
                              Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                              Beige 1994 Protege DX
                              Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
                              X