Distributor/ Spark Plug Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distributor/ Spark Plug Wires

I was replacing my plug wires today, and i mistakingly pulled all of the wirest off at once. OOPS! So now i need to know the correct order to put them back on. I didn't want to try and just guess so i thought i'd ask first.

1995 Protoge ES

Thanks

whoa, another ES!

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

try this
      Attached Files

Comment

Chris, I know that's the diagram from the Haynes, but it's a little confusing. I don't even know if it is correct.

Here's what my Z5 looked like, and I know the BP distributor is the same, so.... this is how I'm going to hook up my spark plug wires today.

And just for comparison I'm going to post a pic of a 1st gen BP. Confusing.

Torped0 pointed this out:

Last edited by Intruder; 12-21-2005, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Yeah I agree, the Haynes manual is suspect when it comes to the spark wire setup. It confused the heck out of me when my wires weren't the way I thought the haynes was saying.
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Intruder is right .
            98 protege lx 1.8l
            short ram intake custom
            crane hi-6 ign.
            14 miata alloy wheels
            .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

My ****ing haynes manual had the incorrect firing order listed.
              I've since corrected it, but I'll be goddamned if I can remember at the moment.
              Something like 1342, but don't quote me.
              The last time I changed my plugs and wires, I put them back in the order that the HM told me to and had two misfires. I racked my ****ing brain for an hour trying to figure the ****ing **** out. Checking and rechecking against the manual, then pulling the wires, checking for spark, fuel etc... finally I just switched the two offending wires around at the cap and all was good.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

This is very informative..i agree with haynes..it sucks..made the same mistake trying to based it in that book..

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

bump for me doing this also today.
                  Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                  kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                  Originally posted by HopelessCow
                  there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                  Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Intruder/Autzone are correct for the Z5. Did mine back in March, still have the sheet of paper in the trunk with my misc tools and fluids. I didn't look it up anywhere, just made a triple-checked set of notes on how the originals were set up before I put on the new ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X