X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcing SUPERPRO® rear twin trapizodal link bushings

I've now recieved my kit from SuperPro

Special thanks,
    to Superpro for helping our community by developing these bushings. Our thanks goes to you.

part numbers:
    SPFK1786 inner bushings(frame side)-$80.75
    SPFK1787 outer bushings(spindle side)-$89.25

Just by looking at these new bushings I am more then adequately pleased. The quality & design placed into these bushings far supercedes that of my previous NOLTEC polyurethane bushings. The durometer is 93 Shore A, They Definitely feel MUCH stiffer then the previously available 70 duro NOLTEC bushings. 93 shore A is near the stiffest bushing in the SHORE A duro scale. Much needed for the amount of abuse the rear bushings take.

With that said, I feel as if the bushings are well worth the cost. Im happy.

Right now my TTL's are being cleaned in the dishwasher before getting repainted, I'll have pictures of the installation into the TTL's & how they look installed.

Pictures as follows:
    Attached Files
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

And I can order these where?
    Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Check in the polyurethane bushings list, I posted as a sticky, They have all SUPERPRO bushings listed there & a contact for the USA distributer.
      His name is Glenn Dirske

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Nice. I guess this finally gives me the motivation to rip the sub frame off my EGT and swap the brakes.

Comment

it sure does, im posting some more motivating pictures.

Comment

Upon completeing the bushing install.
            All i can say is wow, the quality & design supercedes my expectations.
            These bushings have multiple points in which to lubricate & keep grease in tact, the grid design througout the middle of the slide hole is an excellent design towards keeping the sleeve lubricated.
            As you can see the installed bushings fit perfectly, as compared to noltec ones, which do not.

SUPERPRO-all the way.

Comment

i'll post install pictures tommorow after I have figured out a new mounting system for my Progress swaybar.

Wider track & top notch bushings. I think im in heaven

Comment

very
                Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

Comment

no offense but are the lca's painted in those pics, cause it looks lumpy as hell. yuck sorry i just cringe at the look of a bad paint job......again no offense i know this is a part that not everyone looks at all the time. it goes under the car..mabey its the castings?
                  93 protege lx 190k, stick, girlie green

Comment

How much of a pain was it to get the old bushings out?

Comment

no offense but are the lca's painted in those pics, cause it looks lumpy as hell. yuck sorry i just cringe at the look of a bad paint job......again no offense i know this is a part that not everyone looks at all the time. it goes under the car..mabey its the castings?
                      No sir, thats what happens when the TTL's aren't sandblasted/beadblasted, after they sit rusting in WI for years on end.
                      They were wire brushed, cleaned, then baked @250 before primer & paint.
                      The looks im not concerned with as its under the car & its WI. SO long is it looks somewhat tasteful to the eye its all good.

How much of a pain was it to get the old bushings out?
                      Not very hard at all, I used a hole saw to cut out the inner sleeve & rubber, then i used a dremel with a cut off disc to cut a line in the outer sleeve where i could then take a flat head screwdriver & hammer & split the outer sleeve in-half & tap it out.
                      After that i continued to use the dremel to sand the insides to bare metal, first with a more course grit, then with one more fine, Then on to the cleaning & baking-Primer-paint.

Comment

Originally posted by protouser
                        Better than all rust covered. At least they're protected now.

Nice work Ryan, looking good.

Comment

thanks... I seriously do reccomend these bushings to anyone. perfect install & they look/feel great.

I won't be able to install them until monday however, since i can't get another spherical endlink for my swaybar install

Comment

Can wait to see the pics.

Comment

Is there a reason noone seems to have followed the lead of the member in the other TTL bushing thread who used universal Enegry Suspension bushings with slight mod? My bushings on my MX3 are shot and I was planning on doing the Energy Suspension thing. With the 9-9108G pieces.

BPT323, do you race? If so, where? I was thinking of joining the local Midwestern Council club or SCCA ..... probably Midwestern Council. Do you have a preference?

Comment

Working...
                              X