New pics of the Protege and the 323's interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pics of the Protege and the 323's interior

So I went out for some pictars since it's nice out today. Went to the park right on here, decided it was lame, and went out to the valley around the park and found a nice quiet road for some good shots.

The BF Mercury Tracer got all of the good parts, door panels, nicer seats(too soft for me), more options...it was made in Mexico so cheap labor = lower costs = bring price of car back up with nice stuff. My car already had some Tracer stuff(dome light, dual horns...something else) from my dad but I've been looking for years for the door panels and rear panels. Found em last Sunday at a junkyard here, the car was in the middle of the VW section(dur!). Also got the backs of the back seat(might pick up the bottom this weekend) which are nicer. The seat backs are even adjustable tilt...most brand new luxury cars don't even do that!!

1st to 2nd run:

Destroying the tires. They aren't bald yet, but it won't be long.
    Last edited by MazKid; 03-01-2008, 12:03 AM.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

im looking for the BF tracer counsel,front door panels and rear panels also.
    do you know what were all the colors avalable in the tracer interiors?
    also what color was the outside of the tracer that you grabed the interior from?
    im looking to upgrade my 88 323 interior( fininish up my boosted bp swap for the bf!!!)
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

I like the carpet thats glued to the door panels.
      for people that like to wipe their feet on the doors.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Best shot by far. Damn that car is so straight.

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
          Best shot by far. Damn that car is so straight.

Eh, it's got dings and dents...look at the rocker panel in that shot, right under the rear door, it's pushed in...all of the dents and crap were from a previous owner since I'm the 4th. Notice only 2 pics of the passenger side? Some dents there and I swapped the rear door which has a different(close though) painted on pin stripe.

Some day, if I fell into money or something, I'd have all of the dents removed and the car repainted. It looks nice enough for me that I don't want to worry about it. My 323 has rust on it which will be fixed as it's life-threatening to the car.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

man your lucky my car is covered in snow right now

Comment

2 videos added to first post.

Comment

your tires will last a whole lot longer than mine with you driving like that that was actually quite reserved (the 2nd vid) i regularly found myself making love to the rev limiter till i had to shift in 2nd... get a little rain on the road and i would be doing it in 3rd till i had to shift. given the roads were oily as crap as it hadnt rained in like 2 weeks but there is this one hill thats probably 3/8ths of a mile long that i took on my way home from work i ran through the gears and was kissing the rev limiter in 5th gear the entire way up that hill... its amazing i only destroyed 1 trans and it was 2 weeks after my install.
                There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Nice shots, I am curious, which is faster, the Protege or supercharged Miata?

Comment

Originally posted by FazdaBoy4ever View Post
                    your tires will last a whole lot longer than mine with you driving like that that was actually quite reserved (the 2nd vid) i regularly found myself making love to the rev limiter till i had to shift in 2nd... get a little rain on the road and i would be doing it in 3rd till i had to shift. given the roads were oily as crap as it hadnt rained in like 2 weeks but there is this one hill thats probably 3/8ths of a mile long that i took on my way home from work i ran through the gears and was kissing the rev limiter in 5th gear the entire way up that hill... its amazing i only destroyed 1 trans and it was 2 weeks after my install.
                    Meh that was on cross-groved(as in perpendicular to the direction of travel) concrete so it gripped very hard. The 1st video was on asphalt covered by that tar/rock layer that grips harder than anything in the world. lol

Lex - I think the Protege is faster...the Miata is just peppy as hell though, since it's supercharged there's virtually no lag where as the Protege gets a little laggy. I think my IC setup adds to the lag a little but I will be improving it soon. The Protege, when I just lay into it, feels a lot stronger than the Miata.

Comment

very nice..... lovin the pro!
                      90 LX PS/AC delete, pacesetter header, gutted cat, resonator delete, full 2 inch exhaust. rx7 VAF, home made intake, F&R ebay STB. 18* timing.
                      200lbs in weight reduction. old school bmw 318 wheels

http://www.cardomain.com/id/gascanexplode

Comment

Wow, nice!
                        Mazda
                        1988 Black 323 GT
                        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

that BG looks great i cry if my car was like yours thats a good job do you do
                            ..............................................GoBL esS.............................................
                            Attached Files
                            JesusChrist is with me and he watch my road and hook me on my ride

...............GoDBlEsS................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh4Y7...1232CC&index=4

Comment

Washed the 323 yesterday so I took some nice pics today.

After that pic I went off to the side of the road to take other pics and then was chased about 100 ft past my car by a wasp, I turned around and didn't see it so I start to get in my car to leave and the damn thing starts coming after me again. I jumped in the car and closed the door and the thing literally hit the window trying to get to me. I high-tailed it out of there, that wasp wanted blood.

Of course the passenger side of the car looks a little better, it was repainted a few years back after the side was devistated by a Dakota. I plan on having the whole thing repainted and rust fixed(slight rust on the driver's side rear wheel arch at the bottoms, the trim and mud flap cover it for now).

Comment

Working...
                              X