Part number for GTX clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part number for GTX clutch?

Am thinking of replacing this with new OEM GTX clutch. Anyone got a part number for that?
    Attached Files
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

I went through this a while back.

Spec had a gtr clutch that was 5mm too small (diameter) but everything else was right, so I ended up sending them my stock GTX clutch and they made one the right size.

Measure across the contact surface of the pressure plate. It should be 275mm outside diameter. Confirm that with whoever you order from. I don't know of anybody else in North America that has it.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

I sent the guy at OnlineMazdaparts.com an email and he responded with this "F20516460C9U" part number

I think I might go this route.

CLUTCH DISC
      Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
      F20516460C9U $97.45 $0.00 $76.00
      Last edited by 1st Gen; 08-24-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Says it's for 88-89 323 4wd/2wd turbo. BF B6T won't work as far as I know. Make sure you can return it it if it doesn't work.

Interesting it shares with the 626/MX6 up to 91.
        Last edited by me109; 08-24-2010, 05:56 PM.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
          Says it's for 88-89 323 4wd/2wd turbo. BF B6T won't work as far as I know. Make sure you can return it it if it doesn't work.

Interesting it shares with the 626/MX6 up to 91.
          I was wondering about that too but I didn't want to be the new guy that has to ask. Thanks for raising the question.

Will this clutch work with a BPT?

The actual email I got from them. I specified BPT in my question to but there may have been some confusion if indeed the two are different.
          "The only parts that are still available from mazda are the disc and the release bearing disc - F20516460C9U Release bearing - F85316510 I have linked them below for pricing."
          Last edited by 1st Gen; 08-24-2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I had a bunch of pictures of the stock BPT clutch and the Spec one that was too small, but I can't find them now. I'll post them if/when I do. Would be good to see pics of a B6T and BPT clutch to compare them.

EDIT: Found them.

The Spec one was too big, not too small. OEM is 270mm total outside diameter, not contact surface. Hope this helps.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by me109; 08-25-2010, 09:54 AM. Reason: Found pics.
            1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Comment

I think I'm going to end up going with the Spec kit, stage 2 or 2+ for a BP. I've been agonizing about this for a while because I just don't want to spend the money.

Better to do it right and not have to pull the engine back out then go cheap and end up buggard.
              Last edited by 1st Gen; 08-25-2010, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Bp
                bpt
                b8
                Attached Files

Comment

Spec 2+ for a BP flywheel on the way.
                  I have a lot torque to grow and should I decide to sell, I should be able to turn it over with not too much trouble. What's more, I won't have to worry about it.

Strange thing piece of mind. Turns out I'm willing to pay a little extra for it.

Edit-From their email.
                  "The total cost of your parts will be $379.00 plus shipping charges of $48.00."

I talked with a customer service rep and he told me that for that price, I would get the
                  clutch,
                  pressure plate,
                  pilot bearing,
                  throw out bearing,
                  alignment tool.
                  Last edited by 1st Gen; 08-26-2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I got a little too aggressive with the sand paper on the flywheel back when I was going to just "get by" with what I had. After the resurfacing, I can see the scratches I put on it. No big deal, just be more careful next time. I think that was the 360 grit I used. Use 720 or higher in the future.

The Spec clutch package, everything but the stickers.

New pilot bearing install.

The silver paint on the fingers got soft when I sprayed the cleaner on the pressure plate surface. That's how I know it's blue paint under the silver paint

I'm going to use a throw out bearing I already have. The plastic from Spec leaves me cold.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 1st Gen; 09-01-2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

looks awesome.
                      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Nice. I'm considering that clutch. It looks nice except the plastic throwout.. thats nuts.. a part that critical should be metal..
                        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                        VF10 powered!
                        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Mine was metal. Weird.

Glad to see you making progress.
                          1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                          ├┼┤
                          2 4 R

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
                            Mine was metal. Weird.

Glad to see you making progress.
                            Thanks for that. I got a lot done today. I'm sure the bearing is top notch. I guess I should probably use it but the one that came with the tranny seems rock solid and I know they have a great record of performance.

Comment

i hope you know if you would have gone gtx the flywheels are completely different and so are the pressure plates. its like mating a f-series tranny to a bp to worky.

NEUMAN

Comment

Working...
                              X