3/12/08 Protege & 323 pics
11/4/07 - Miata
4/22/07 - My Mazda Museum pics!
3/1/07 - 323 and Group Shots
1/25/07 - Lowered Protege and a few of the Miata
1/16/07 - Lowered Protege Pics 1
11/21/06 - 20 Great Photos of Both Cars
1/16/07 - Protege Pics
11/14/06 - Miata Pics
11/12/06 - Miata Pics
10/31/06 - Miata Pics
10/4/06 - Miata Pics
8/27/06 - Protege Pics
8/3/06 - Miata Pics
2/15/06 - 1 Miata Pic
2/11/06 - Miata Pics
2/10/06 - Miata Pics 2
2/10/06 - Miata Pics
2/7/06 - Miata Pics
1/29/06 - Miata Pics
1/19/06 - 2 More Pics
1/19/06 - Both Cars
11/22/05 - Both Cars
6/30/05 - Protege Interior/Engine Bay
1/10/05 - 1 Protege Pic
12/12/04 - Protege Pics
Back on the road 3/15/09 with 152,352 miles, new rods and pistons.
BPT Engine modifications
- Purchased 10/18/04
- Initial Purchase Price: $1,353
- 171K miles(bought with 132K)
- $800+ in initial Mazda parts/$200 in junkyard parts to bring car up to good condition
- Highest attained speed: 140mph, followed by the smell of pistons #3 and #4 melting.
- Fastest 1/4 mile time: 16.5 @ 84mph(contributing mods at the time: RX-7 B-code AFM, test pipe/stock exhaust/BJ Protege muffler, Miata wheels and tires)
- Dynoed 3/18/07 on a Mustang Dyno - 121.3whp, 114wtq, simulated 1/4 mile run of 16.25, wieght listed for the Protege was too heavy
N/A BP Performance parts
- CP 9.0:1 pistons
- ETD H-beam rods
- Familia GT-X BPT, 72K KMs, BP26 ECU, US wireharness, added 4 wire TPS connector, 4 wire O2 sensor
- RB Performance/Steve's(TurboProto) FMIC kit - Click here for details
- 2.5" downpipe-back custom exhaust
- Maz1.8T's 60A front & rear solid motor mounts
- K&N cone
- Miata battery
- Honda coolant overflow tank
- TorqFlo 16" radiator fan
- PLX DM-5 wideband/gauge
- 3BarRacing hybrid boost controller
- Walbro 255lph fuel pump
- Custom thrown-together intake
- BC Racing BR series coilovers
- ZX-2 S/R shocks - removed
- Eibach springs - removed
- Familia GTX front strut tower bar
- Ractive rear strut tower bar
- MX-3 GS "Performance Rod" AKA rear tie bar
- '92-'93 MX-3 front seats originally in my 323
- '92 MX-3 steering wheel center
- MX-3 rear console with lid - Click for details
- MX-3 leather shift boot
- Millenia leather parking brake boot
- '98+ Mazda CD/Radio headunit
- MX-3 lap belt buckles
- MX-3 driver's side lower dash panel for wideband gauge install - relocated dimmer switch to upper dash
- Familia GTX front bumper
- Other than North America rear bumper
- 323 Sedan trunk garnish(from NZ, thanks Lunacy!)
- '92 MX-3/929 "square" Mazda grill emblem(like the '92 MX-3 steering wheel)
- Removed trunk emblems, Protege MP3 "mazda" emblem added
- Removed original dealer painted-on pin striping
- 2001-2003 Miata 5 spoke 16X6.5 15.5lb wheels
- 205/45 Trazano/Westlake SA-05s - yeah, cheapies!
- Winter Wheels: Miata "hollow spoke" 14X6 10.8lb - Stolen
- Winter Tires: 185/60 2 Mirada GT-X and 2 Lemans - Stolen
My Prehistoric vB Garage
- Refab'd headliner
- MX-6 injectors + more boost
- Bigger turbo, proper tuning, etc etc - some day...
- Purchased 11/19/05
- Initial Purchase Price:$2,900
- 128K miles(bought with 99K)
- Minimal repairs necessary initially
- Previous owner bought a new Mazda vinyl soft top for the car 2 years before I bought it, car was always serviced at my dealership
- Both rocker panel rust spots repaired/quarters clear coated/rockers painted, $1550 total(this includes a $350 rear half of a donor Miata)
- Highest attained speed:130mph
- 15.8 @ 88mph, first and only run at the track with a horrible launch
- Jackson Racing Supercharger kit(6psi pulley hotside non-intercooled, JR Powercard fuel management)
- Bosal/Brospeed 4-2-1 header
- Jackson Racing high-flow converter
- Bosal/Brospeed catback
- K&N cone right behind the headlight
- Competition Clutch Stage 2 clutch kit
- Competition Clutch 13lb flywheel
- MazdaSpeed Motorsports motor mounts
- 2nd gen MX-6 leather-wrapped steering wheel/airbag
- '98+ Mazda CD/Radio headunit
- Miata C-Package tweeter speakers
- M-Marketing dual maplight rearview mirror
- Millenia leather parking brake boot
- '99-'05 Miata shift knob
- Mazda R-package front lip(2nd one, the first peeled, replaced under warranty)
- Mazda R-package rear lip
- Mazda 3 antenna
- Mazda 'wing' emblem on the bumper...
- Wiper delete!
- STD Standard Performance Suspensions coilovers, 13 levels of dampening!
- Flyin'Miata front and rear swaybars
- '01-'02 Miata 5 spoke 15X6 13.2lb wheels
- 205/50 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s
- Drift tires - Stolen...arg...
- Extra wheels - '99-'00 Miata 5 spoke 15X6
- 2 Titanium-color hard tops(1 free, 1 $200, sold one for $960!)
- Factory top boot cover(free)
- Factory window protector sleeve(free)
- Robbins Tonneau Cover(free)
1988 323 SE
My 323 CarDomain site - info on my car and tons of info/articles/ads/brochures of the BF chassis - not updated since mid '04
- Sometime soon:
- Diff seals and a driveshaft, ugh.
- MazdaSpeed Motorsports diff mounts - have em, not installed, it'll be a huge pain to do these!
- Smaller supercharger pulley = more boost
- Cloth top since my vinyl one is cracking. ARG!!
- Rust repair...the never ending saga.
5 Speed Swap Info
- SOLD!! 10/3/10 > 85,000 miles
- Purchased new by an uncle from my dealership. My dad bought it from him in '91, and I bought it from my dad 2/22/07
- My Purchase Price:$750
- 84K miles
- This was my first car(to drive)
- T-boned by a Dakota 9/31/04
- Repaired from Jan '05 and got the car back in Feb '06, $980 to fix it(I paid!)
- Highest attained speed: 110mph(had more left in it )
- Never been to track(Why!)
- Swap started/completed 9/16/07 at 78,105 miles
All went well and the car is amazingly better. Quicker, more fun to drive, quieter, should get much better fuel economy, handles better, list goes on and on. If you are contemplating a 5 speed swap, DO IT, you won't regret it.
- The BF 323 auto to 5 speed swap seems to be the easiest auto to manual swap ever. All that's needed is the transmission, the front trans mount bracket, shift linkage, pedal assembly, clutch cable, dust shield, clutch, and flywheel. ECU, mounts, axles, starter, harness, all are the same.
- 5 speed swap - all OEM parts
- K&N Cone
- '94 MX-3 uncomfortable front seats originally in my Protege - Click for details
- Tracer door panels & rear panels
- Tracer tilt-adjustable rear seats
- 323 LX gauge cluster w/tach
- '79 RX-7 4 spoke steering wheel
- '98+ Mazda CD/Radio
- MX-3 leather shift boot
- NA Miata shift knob
- '98+ 626 leather parking brake boot/handle
- 323 LX adjustable seat angle
- 323 clock
- 323 LX dome light w/map lights
- 323 LX center console w/cubby
- '86-'87 RX-7 Enkei alloy spare wheel/tire
- 323 LX hatch remote fuel door and hatch release
- '90-'94 Miata bi-fold visors
- GT-X grill/chrome emblem
- Protege LX red door handles
- Removed side moulding
- Lock-less fuel door
- Tracer dual horns
- 2 brand new Mazda headlights w/SilverStars
In the works: '03 Protege5!
My Protege5 WorkLog thread
- 323 LX 13" alloy wheels
- 175/70 Bridgestone Turanza LS-T
Found it! '03 Protege5 from ForceFed on the Mazdas247 forums. It was his project car that he decided not to finish. Here's the rundown:
- Fully repainted, body is mint.
- MSP front bumper(no bumper marker lights)
- MSP headlights
- MSP front swaybar
- JDM taillights
- Full car minus engine and transmission - just the way I wanted it!
- A slew of new Mazda parts inside and out, not sure why though
The car has 80,980 miles. The previous owner(previous to ForceFed that is) didn't take care of it at all, ran it out of oil, dings and dents galore, scratched interior panels, smoked in it, etc etc. Luckily with all of ForceFed's effort, the car is a very nice starting point for me.
It's a base 5 speed car with the ABS/side airbags package, MSRP was $17,645(I even have the window sticker for it).
Picked it up Sunday Oct. 19th, 2008, 4 years and 1 day after buying my BG Protege.(nice coincidence)
Planned list of plans(lol!):
Stuff not installed:
- 2.5 KL V6 swap - '99 626 V6 5 speed(engine, trans, wireharnesses, subframe, mounts, axles, ECU, A/C lines, etc etc - 110K miles, $500!)
- ACT street clutch kit
- Protege MP3 17" wheels
- MP3 shift linkage
- Millenia Enkei alloy spare wheel
- KL new bullet-proofing parts:
-Valve Cover Gaskets
-Intake Manifold Gaskets
-Lots of stuff I'm forgetting
- Leather Protege5 seats - at my brother's shop that flooded - prolly destroyed, haven't been there since.
- Ground Control coilovers
- Protege MP3 Tokico shocks(brand new along with the RacingBeat springs that I'm not using)
- Protege MP3 RacingBeat rear swaybar
- Greddy SP2 Protege5 Catback exhaust - Doesn't fit right, prolly for sedan
- RX-7 Convertible BBS wheels/decent tires - just kinda have 'em.
- '88-'92 626 5th gear swap
- Accessory rear cargo tray
- Fog lights
- Lots of bits: Millenia throttle cable, crank sensor, trans plug, reverse sensor, couple of O2 sensors...
This car was a Buy-Here-Pay-Here unit at my dealership. The customer stopped paying, and the car was over-heated. We repo'ed it and towed it back to the dealership... I saw it, asked about it, and ended up buying it. Why not?
- Purchased for $1,700 + ~$400 for a 'new' FS-DE and parts
- 97,XXX miles
- Slap-stick Automatic
- Factory options include - Polished alloys, moonroof/6CD package, cargo net, compass/autodimming mirror
- Mods: Silverstar headlight bulbs, roof rack bars delete, rear plate bracket delete, Millenia Enkei alloy spare, fully PDR'ed!! lol
Come to find out the alternator locked up, threw the belt and with the water pump not turning it over-heated and warped the head. My dad and I put an '02 626 FS-DE in, swapped the cams, did the valve adjustment, and lots of new parts. Runs GREAT, gets good MPG, and even though it's an automatic, it's not bad. Just the car I needed! Quiet, smooth, runs on 87 octane, totally enjoyable.
1988 323 GT
Picked this one up for $400. Needs some paint work but is rust free and all there. Running, driving... 207,000 miles.
[list][*]Tires[*]Unopened VAF - installed[*]Driver's window regulator[*]Driver's mirror glass[*]Sunroof handle[*]Lots of small things
What am I doing with this car? Not even sure. I'll probably fix it up, enjoy it for a bit, then sell it to someone who wants to keep it.
Last Updated: 9/5/12 @ 11 PM CST