Old exhaust build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old exhaust build

This material is old but maybe someone can use it. I plan on referring back to it once in a while.

The last two pics are the GTX pipe compared to mine.
    Is the cat still good? I have no idea. It's quiet until I get on it then it's pretty loud, but not in a fart can kind of way. I plan to duplicate this as closely as possible for my new build, but with a better welder, pipe cutting solution.

This system is 5~ years old and still doing pretty well. There are plenty of leaks though which, although bad serve a very good purpose. They let the condensation out of the system so it's less likely to rust. It's turned out to be one of those serendipity things. My job is only a couple miles away so the system never heats up properly, hence the benefit of letting the water drip out.

Not all pics are in context or of the finished product. If something looks odd, it's probably not done, of a failed attempt, or out of sequence.

Edit-The welder was a rental which worked pretty well at first. As time went on though, it developed a problem with the wire feed being sluggish. The welds early on in the project were sorta good but got noticeably worse over time. I also found out that I wasn't supposed to be using an extension cord either since that was affecting the performance of the welder.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 1st Gen; 03-04-2011, 01:10 PM.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss
Working...
X