Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995 Protege LX Automatic Transmission Issue

Hello:
    I was hoping there was an expert here for Automatic Transmissions. My wife 1995 Protege Lx since she has had since 2002 or so with 182K mile on it had a catastrophic transmission failure on 10-31-2019. Sorry for the delayed post. She was driving home on a local street about 40 mph and hear a metallic breaking sound in the right front area. I was not with her. She was able to pull off safely into a gas station / mini market. The Protege would not move forward or backwards. Even with the engine off and in neutral would not move. We had it towed to our local mechanic and I will try to paste in their analysis. The car was faithfully maintained per the maintenance schedule in the factory repair manual. The mechanic stated only used transmissions were available here in The metropolitian South West for about $2200 all in with no guarantees. We decided to let it go and donated to the local PBS charity. I liked this car it ran and handled great. I am just looking for thoughts as to what may have happened. Also the Transmission fluid was changed about 25k ago and was thinking it was time to do again. OK I was NOT able to access my mechanics report online but I will post it if I can get it. Also they did not drop the pan or drain out the fluid on their inspection . Thank you in advance for any insights.
Working...
X