Amp won't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp won't turn on

I have an MTX 4250D amp running 2 MTX 6000 10" subs. They were working fine for about 6 months. THe other night, I moved the box around a little bit, just slid it to fit a xerox box in my car. When i turned on the car, the amp won't turn on anymore. I checked the ground, power cable, and remote cable. They are all hooked up fine. All the fuses are good too. any suggestions ?
    2002 Sea Breeze Green Protege LX

Pioneer 4600MP Head Unit
    2 MTX 6000's 10"
    MTX 4250D Amp
    Alpine Type S 6.5" Fronts
    B & M Short Shifter
    Kartboy Bushings
    Full Synthetic

break out the voltmeter and check to see that the power and remote wires are providing the 12V to the amp. Perhaps you stretched or pinched a wire to the breaking point.

Comment

The remote wire doesn't provide a continuous 12V does it ? i thought it's just a small surge when the receiver turns on.

Pioneer 4600MP Head Unit
      2 MTX 6000's 10"
      MTX 4250D Amp
      B & M Short Shifter
      Kartboy Bushings
      Full Synthetic

Comment

when the HU is on it is 12V constant.

Comment

I took a voltmeter and the HU is only putting out .1 V from the Power antenna lead. Does any other lead put out 12V, just to make sure that its not the amp ?

Pioneer 4600MP Head Unit
          2 MTX 6000's 10"
          MTX 4250D Amp
          B & M Short Shifter
          Kartboy Bushings
          Full Synthetic

Comment

what kind of HU you running. I know some HU cut the power to the remote antenna when a CD is in also

Comment

what kind of HU you running. I know some HU cut the power to the remote antenna when a CD is in also
              I was fixing to say the same thing...but why are you connecting the remote wire to the power antenna wire instead of the remote wire coming off the stereo....in several years I have yet to see a HU that didn't have a remote wire....

DaPro
              94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
              (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

I took some 22 gauge speaker wire and connected the amp right to the battery. That way, the amp should be on all the time. However, even that doesn't turn the amp on. I think i'm just going to email MTX and see if they can do anything. BTW, i have a Kenwood HU. the KDC 7077. I got a great deal on it.

Pioneer 4600MP Head Unit
                2 MTX 6000's 10"
                MTX 4250D Amp
                B & M Short Shifter
                Kartboy Bushings
                Full Synthetic

Comment

take that 22 guage speaker wire and connect it from the main 12 volt input to the remote input. that should turn on the amp, if nothing inside is fried.

Comment

Kenwood HU. the KDC 7077. I got a great deal on it.
                    Might want to check the model on that HU, couldn't find it anywhere, nor on KENWOODS website...was going to check the specs on it, but can't find it....

DaPro
                    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
                    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

Working...
                    X