Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just need to make sure I'm right (or wrong)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just need to make sure I'm right (or wrong)

If I'm wrong please let me know. I know all the mechanical end stuff, but just need to get some electrical sorted out.

The specs:

1992 Mazda MX-3 4cyl OBI Automatic Transmission

swapping in:

1.8 BP and Kia Sephia MTX (using the protege' BP engine harness)

So here are my ?'s:

1. On the kia sephia transmission, do all the electronics plug into the harness fine? I cant remember where I heard this but I heard somewhere that the backup lights need re-wired. Is this true?

2. For the neutral safety switch, I have to splice into that to get it to work? Has anyone here ever got the safety switch to work on their car? I am tempted to just rip a manual transmission dash/ecu harness out of an MX from the junkyards but I really don't want to be ripping out my whole dash just to get that safety switch to work ><.

3. With the automatic there is the "switch" that only lets you start the car in park.. those wires have to be jumped too right?

I just really need to make sure I know what wires need to be messed with for the MTX swap. I have a local dyno shop that said they would help me with the swap (since there is nobody around me that can help me with the swap.. i'm a lone MX'er in Pittsburgh lol), but I want to get all my information correct before I take the car up there and start ripping out hah. I already got all the information for the mechanical side of things, but I've just been halted by the electronics end >_<

Thanks a lot everyone!!!
Working...
X