ms3/EGR/EVAP/stock ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ms3/EGR/EVAP/stock ecu

I'm getting ready for a bp swap on a 95 pro, i've built and tested (as best i could) an megasquirt3 board. One thing that is keeping me from instantly downing the car is i would like to keep the egr and evap stuff in place (there are no emissions in my area, i could rip them out, but would like to retain them for fuel economy) with ms3 failing to be an emissions oriented ecu, it sounds like ill be using both the ms3 and stock ecu to complete this project.

I'm mostly wondering if anyone has seen this done, i've read up on some of the stuff found on the ms site, such as sensor sharing and whatnot. Sounds like i have to remove a couple bias resistors... not to happy with that, but oh well.

Another thing, i haven't really found a lot of info regarding what people are using for crank triggers on the bp engine. I know some of tried 36-1 wheels with not a lot of luck, and some with the miata CAS/coil (which I don't know what this means exactly, and i feel like i should know it) As far as i know i have the ecu setup to run the engine as is, that is, (hopefully) using the stock wheel (dunno if ms will read it) sequential fuel using a single coil (stock z5 disty that ill be putting over to the bp seeing how my bp didn't come with one)

As far as i know this should all go together, but i know there are a lot more knowledge people out there more familiar with this than i, so i would like some opinions, thanks in advance
    sigpic
    96 protege dx - gone :'(
    94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
    02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
    95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
    I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
    Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
    Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
    Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...
Working...
X