TRADE: my AWD for your LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRADE: my AWD for your LX

This post has been a long time coming, and I've put a lot of serious thought into this matter. I bought my AWD Protege with lots of dreams. I looked at it and imagined the rally car that it could become. But over time I've forced myself to realize that while it has all the potential I imagined out of it, I just don't have the time, money, or technical knowledge to pull it off. I have a 45-50 hour a week job, a young kid, and a lot of debt right now. I drive 80-100 miles a day for work, and at this point I'm really tired of wishing my car had more options than it does. I want power windows and locks NOW, not sometime down the road. I want a sunroof. I want a more powerful engine. I don't have the money or the credit to buy something locally, and I can't sell mine and then buy another because I need it for work every day.

So, I would like to offer a trade: my AWD Protege for a 1st gen LX. Or if you have something else I'd be willing to consider that as well. I would like to see this car go to someone who will fully appreciate it.

Features of my car:
    AWD
    4 wheel disc brakes
    MX-3 seats
    3rd gen center console with cupholders
    VW roof center antenna
    LX gauge cluster with tach
    Mazdaspeed sport muffler
    626 front lip
    AC just recharged, blows ice cold
    Brand new radiator, thermostat, gaskets, and temp. sensor

I will also include about half of the stuff needed for a power window/lock conversion.

Problems with my car:
    Engine leaks oil (about a quart every 1000-1500 miles)
    Driver's door panel is damaged
    Rear seat is stained
    A few VERY minor dents and paint scratches, dull paint overall

The car drives very nicely overall, as I said I drive close to 100 miles a day with no trouble at all. The engine is old (~180k miles) and leaks a bit but is in fine running condition. Brakes and suspension are great. The tires are in good condition.

I will post pics of everything soon, I have to hunt them down first.

BP 323??? lol

good luck finding somoene 2 trade.. shouldnt be too hard .. glad you still plan on staying with a protege

Comment

I'm hoping it will be worth it to someone who wants to build this car up. BTW, I am not expecting something with lots of mods... stock is fine. If it's not worth it, ah well, I tried.

Comment

Some pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Id trade you mine, but it has no motor in it. LOL
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

That's ok, I don't mind waiting for you to finish the GTR swap first

Comment

hehehe, Im sure.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Anyhow, someone jump on this! Really good deal for someone wanting to do a GTX swap!!!!
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

wtf, all this time, i didn't realize that was a AWD model in ur sig! wtf
                  93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                  02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                  05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Damn dude, did you not even know I had one?

Comment

I'm interested, but I doubt you would be. My car has some "issues" and I don't want to trade you something that will leave you stranded.
                      1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
                      Plus new
                      1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

That needs to be boosted with a nice GTR or GTX swap and kept completely sleeper.
                        My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                        - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

You have no idea how much I would love to do that... but I'm lucky if I can spare $200 a month to work on this thing right now.

Comment

So wait 10 months and then go nuts! (There's always hope, man!)
                            My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                            - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Don't worry, I haven't lost hope, but I think it's time to move on for the moment. If I can't work out a deal with someone, I'll still work on this car. But we'll see how it goes...

Comment

Working...
                              X