My 93 323 SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 93 323 SE

Here's my $400 beast. 1.6L 8 valve of pure unadulterated boring boringness.
    Right now trying to pull the flex pipe, she's dead and leaking into the cabin. Also one of the nuts is solidly sealed so she's now stripped.

Also pulling the dash so I can restore it from the az sun. Everything is so brittle from sitting since 2004 in the az sun.

Had to rewire all lights due to being a pack rats nest and snack bar.

So far:
    Timing belt and all other belts are new
    All hoses but looking to delete the vacuum hoses to kill leaks.
    Interior is toast and so is the head liner. I have something special planned for that.
    I used killmat thruout the entire car so shell be quieter and reflect more heat.
    Took out fuel tank and has it flushed and cleaned out. New fuel pump and filter.

Comment

Good start. What are your plans for it?
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

I have an engine from a GTX sitting in my garage but no ecu for it. Found a mx3 in a junkyard with a twin cam 1.6 so that's kind of tempting me.
        plans are replace all worn out parts so she can run again but also make her handle the roads out where I live so shell be a fun Saturday driver.

Comment

Nice. So you need a GT-X ECU. 1.8 or 1.6?
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X