Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sock's BP-Swappin' 323 Project Thread (Comments Appreciated!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it looks like a nice place to sand...... NOT

from the picture it looks like there are a lot hard to reach areas, but you are doing a great work

I'm from Uruguay, so my english might be wrong, any mistakes please, correct me

Comment

lookin good man.
      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
      VF10 powered!
      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Rear subframe droppin' time.

Low-clearance breaker bar.

Comparing 3rd gen "curvy" rear trailing arms to mine.

Old clearance: 26mm

New clearance: 60mm+

Problem: e-brake cable will rub. Will look into this later.

Subframe out.

Gotta drop the gas tank - which is right full of fuel. ****.

Crazy vent setup.

This needs to get stripped and fixed up. Also, I never got around to installing those strut boots. oops.
        I peered out from the castle window and looked over the splendor of ROTM county. Yes, twas' a much simpler time back then. Peasants would go about their postings, and I, the mod, would rule over them with an iron fist.

Comment

Filter change.

Cover plate off.

Unhooked the hoses.

Righty-o.

All done.

Pffft... says you.

That's why I gots me some of dat clear hose, eh?

Taking a break.

Coming down.

Out.

Loopback

Crappy old straps removed.

Some surface rust to take care of before paint.

Filter switchback for some cleanup later.
          I peered out from the castle window and looked over the splendor of ROTM county. Yes, twas' a much simpler time back then. Peasants would go about their postings, and I, the mod, would rule over them with an iron fist.

Comment

how long it take you to take off the gas tank?

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

An hour or so. Once the rear subframe is out, there's tons of room to get around back there.

Comment

Can't help ya. I don't have any MX-3 rear trailing arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockington View Post
                  An hour or so. Once the rear subframe is out, there's tons of room to get around back there.
                  an hour but stoping for each picture, thats great. Also there is a lot of info in those pics (for you and for us also)

great work on the little 323

I'm from Uruguay, so my english might be wrong, any mistakes please, correct me

Comment

Just wanna say that your work is so motivating! It's good to see what can happen when someone takes some time and hard work and gets some amazing results.

Comment

Nice pics/work. Yumm Dr. Pepper. Are the trailing arms only better for tire clearance? Or are they stronger/better designed?

Comment

so did u really siphon with ur mouth? (i understand the concept of clear hose,thats why im asking)
                        95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
                          Nice pics/work. Yumm Dr. Pepper. Are the trailing arms only better for tire clearance? Or are they stronger/better designed?
                          Dunno. JACK (lol) happened to tell me about them in a junkyard trip we had.

Certainly looks to be a better design. "Tube frame car" or "box steel car"? lol

The arm certainly feels stronger than the normal BG 323 one.

Originally posted by Rayman View Post
                          so did u really siphon with ur mouth? (i understand the concept of clear hose,thats why im asking)

Erm...yes. I did... I wish I'd had a pump, but it's certainly not the first time I'd had to do this.

I used to work for my dad using a 220v diesel pressure washer. Occasionally, it'd need more fuel (obviously). My dad's policy was, if the can was empty, I knew where the big truck was parked and pointed to the 1" I.D. 4' long clear hose on the wall. Fill er' up and he'd fill the truck up next time out.

One day I lost that clear hose. I grabbed a solid black hose figuring I could guess the timing. Never before I have wanted to vomit soooo bad. Tasted diesel all day. Every time I burped - diesel. Ughhh...

Anywho, I just gave it a quick start by mouth (after cleaning the end of the hose) and pointed it down toward the bucket. It didn't need much help as some dumbass COMPLETELY filled the car before storage.

My lawnmower is running Sunoco 94 octane now. As is the snow blower. And mixed with oil for the weedwhacker. And topped off the wife's Focus... and there was still about a half tank left and a filled cherry can. Holy crap I was kicking myself.

Comment

heh .. just to slip this in .. you do know there is a drain plug on the stock tanks right ?

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
                              heh .. just to slip this in .. you do know there is a drain plug on the stock tanks right ?

No where worth while to drain it into. My 5 gallon can was full to the brim and I had already topped everything else off!

Comment

Starting off today.

Safety gear cabinet drawer

Pulling the lower rad hose to drain coolant. **** the petcock business. It's plastic and might break off at anypoint.

Nice and green.

Rad removed

No chance of putting a hole in the rad now. See ya later 0[super]2[/super] sensor

Nice gasket job exhaust guys.

The damn one-piece exhaust removed.

Parts pile from today.

Was thinking of polishing the top and then painting the front and bottom silver since you can't really see it.

Air intake removed

Replacing with a dry-flow filter after body work.

Washer and overflow bottle removed

All done for this morning

Comment

Working...
                                X