Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you callin me a n00b, yo? lol
    loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
    73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
    sigpic

Comment

L2 context. noob post
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

meh. its whatever. the troll was having fun. did ya just delete the post or delete the user, too? btw, way to thread jack! LOL!!! :D

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
        sigpic

Comment

lol swerved thread is swerved. I one touch banned him.
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

swerved indeed. lol.

sigpic

Comment

Manifold back, car running, is loud as hell driving it with open downpipe.

Comment

good to hear you got it back and its running!
                Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

missing screw alert!!!

lol looks nice dood! synapse BOV ftw!

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                  1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

Originally posted by The Pile View Post
                    missing screw alert!!!

lol looks nice dood! synapse BOV ftw!
                    I had a replacement screw but it has been long gone. Anyone have an extra?

Comment

nice, glad to see she's running again man...

as for the spare bolt, cant you just find out the thread specs and source out a bolt locally?
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

haha i dint even notice the missing screw. good eye. and ya just pick up another screw locally then youd be good.
                        Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                        99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                        01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Bump for sweet update:

Over the passed week I have been working on installing Ferdi's big brake kit.
                          I had to source new spindles and found a set form a protege DX with 130k miles. A sweet score since mine have ~180k.
                          Also finally got around to installing the MX3 LCA's I bought from Ryan almost a year ago.

I forgot he lives up where they need to salt the roads, I needed to treat them with the wire wheel. Filler primer three coats and four days of cure time.

Comparison protege LX vs Corrado. Note the Corrado rotors have the vents on the outside unlike the Mazda rotors which are inside.

Mazda rotor stacked on the VW. approx .75" larger

The caliper mounting points must be cut off to allow Ferdi's bracket to fit. I'm not a fan of this and I may weld the bracket to the spindle for piece of mind. Note the bracket not lining up properly, the rotor rubs.

Need spacers. I used galvanized washers. They need to be smaller diameter or notched to clear the caliper. (trial & error)

Flushes out perfect

There are two tabs on the bottom of the caliper which need to be ground down so that it can clear the bracket's mounting bolts.

This is what you get when you try to install the kit on protege LX spindles. Its clearly not right. I tried to source a set of VW 312mm (12") rotors to fill it up but there were none available for bolt on application. There is a set which are 5 lug and can be redrilled to accept the 4x100 lug pattern but I was not wanting to go that route.

I needed to get new ball joints to go with the DX spindles (read LX ball joints have a different size stud). In this picture top left is the stock LX ball joint, lower left Duralast (made in Japan) the boot fits nice and tight and the stud is nicely machined from a billet piece of steel and to the right is a Duralast (made in chine) as to be expected it is of a lower quality the boot is very poorly designed. There is a grease nipple to be mentioned but I recognize this as a bandaid fix to a boot which will let grease out and dirt in. Also the stud is cast and looks like it went through a tumble polisher for a minute. My local parts store only had one (made in japan) in stock so I had to visit another to grab the other.
                          I'll be hitting every autozone in town until I can find another of the (JDM yo) good balljoints.
                          Note the size difference in the LX OEM (small) and the DX aftermarket (massive). The Chinese one was a little beefier than the JDM one but im sure its cast from a lesser grade of steel...

11" rotor fills out the wheel pretty nice.
                          I'll have some pics of them after the alignment tomorrow.

Also changed the outer tie rod ends. I had to visit two stors for them also. The first store had a replacement end which was made in Japan which had the same quality as the Japan balljoint. The other balljoint was made in Taiwan, it seemed to be good but not as good as the Japanese one.

Comment

what size rim is that i forgot to ask earlier..........

was the kit meant for DX or LX spindles?
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

16" rims. THe kit is meant for DX spindles which I was unaware of when I started the install. I think that you can have a 312mm rotor redrilled and use it with the LX spindles..

Comment

jesus, 312mm??? thats a big disc man
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X