No announcement yet.

Project Jay-Spec 323 KLZE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove my running, driving 1994 Mazda MX-3 V6 5SPD for $500.00 home Today!

Well my adventure to Simcoe to pick up a MX-3 was a complete success! The dude that owned the car had given me a un-easy feeling and I could not seem to pin him down to a time to pick it up. He calls me and confesses that he had been trying to find a set of old tires to put on it, but he could not find any! Turns out the poor guy just put four brand new Marangoni tires on the car. I laughed. I just brought my Falken / Maxxim rims and tires with me and stuck them on. Larry who turned out to be a really cool dude, agreed to bring me the wheels when he gets the tires taken off them. I actually believe he will (stand-up kinda guy). The wheels are the cool 5 spoke 15" Mazda aluminum wheels. If they had been the ugly ones he could have kept them LOL.
    Well what does a $500.00 MX-3 look like?
    Not bad actually! It has some serious bubbling paint with some rust underneath, but it was not terrible. The car is mechanically sound, in-fact I had the moon roof open, the cruise control on and the A/C was pumping cold air! The engine is two stroke now though. (It burns a fair bit of oil) 340000KM. I am not using the rusty part or the oil burning part on project 323 so for me it is perfect.
    Last edited by IMACHU2; 10-26-2008, 10:50 PM.
    Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

This sounds like a great build! Great work so far and looking forward to more progress!

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
        This sounds like a great build! Great work so far and looking forward to more progress!
        Me too! Running low on cash from buying multible used Mazda's LOL. I think I lucked out on the MX-3 though. It has a new distributor and a recent brake job, the parking brake actually works too!! I just finished paying for the engine I bought for the Mustang last winter, so I plan to 12 month equal payment a *&$# load of MX-323 parts soon as I figure out what I need. Now that I have the two cars, the only thing left is the KLZE which I figure the car will be ready for, by the time I save enough moneys to buy it (spring). The goal is to have it on the road for summer. So-far So-Good. I could have it done next week if I had time and money. I have neither

sigpic

Comment

I was feeling a little bad about using my new MX-3 for a parts car. It looked to be in pretty good shape. I took it to the car wash tonight and had a good look at it. The body is so rough, it looks like it is ready to split in two! There is nothing left of the rockers, lower quarter panels or most of the floor. A shiny coat of paint on what must have been quite the turd! The guy that owned it was a mechanic. It is in tip top mechanical form. Beyond the new distributor (that I am very happy about), it also has a fresh cap, rotor and NGK plug wires on it too! Newer front struts, strut mounts and a new A/C condenser and A/C lines. Too bad I won't be re-installing the A/C. The brakes must have been done quite recently also. I degreased the engine and engine compartment tonight. Although I won't be using the engine, I am likely going to use 100% of the rest of the mechanical's. Looks like the body will be the only 323 part left on my 323! A Mazda 323 with MX-3 DNA that will hopefully become a MX-326 or would that be a MX-623?? The MX-3 dies tomorrow, I can hardly wait to rip it apart!

sigpic

Comment

why arent you going to reuse the a/c? sure is fun ripping car apart.

Comment

I know you will love this vid:
              This is my all motor mazda 323 from PR with kl v6 2.5 engine individual throttle bodies and electromotive tec 3 and runing with pump fuel. 3 runs at carolina...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by protege94 P.R View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AACd9YZlh5E
                holy god that is sex. sounds like a indy car lol
                sigpic

Comment

jesus thats fast.. but ive noticed one thing..... no cage.....

Comment

there is no cage is a daily driven vehicle they are in progress of that
                    sigpic

Comment

CoƱooooo como carre.
                      sigpic
                      R.I.P 93 Mazda 1.8 Turbo
                      now BP26(GTX) on a 91mazda323 381whp @18psi with microtech lt8..
                      91 mazda 323 v6 klde

Comment

Originally posted by dali View Post
                        why arent you going to reuse the a/c? sure is fun ripping car apart.
                        The A/C adds weight and complexity. I am trying to keep it mean and lean! I am a fresh air freak anyway. Even when I am driving a car with A/C I usually don't turn it on, I usually have both windows rolled down and the sunroof open.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by protege94 P.R View Post
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AACd9YZlh5E
                          I love the KLZE music! Is that the one with individule throttle bodies or the one with bike carbs on it? Way cool either way!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1992tracerlts View Post
                            holy god that is sex. sounds like a indy car lol
                            In my opinion the three best sounding engines of all time are:

1. 5.0L H.O Mustang.
                            2. The KLZE.
                            3. Any V12 Ferrari
                            3. Acura Integra Type R.

sigpic

Comment

I spent the whole weekend at the garage. Saturday morning I drove the MX-3
                              in the garage, Saturday night I dragged the empty hulk out (with my daily driver 323 and a tow strap!). Sunday I cleaned up the mess and did a complete garage clean up & out. I labeled every plug on the entire wiring harness. Holy crap the MX-3 wiring harness is much larger and more complex then I had ever imagined! I will have to count them, but I estimate the harness has more then 100 plugs on it! The MX-3 was the best parts car ever. Besides all the other new stuff on the car upon taking it apart I found it had a new Filler neck and fuel pump! So I am emptying the tank into a huge funnel into a gas can, it had a full tank of gas so it was taking forever, first I notice a shiny black filler neck with a fresh Mazda part number on it, then I notice shiny new hex bolts on the sending unit! (Mazda usually has star head machine screws) I removed the sending unit to find a new pump! Too bad the tank was not new, it had been repaired with all new brass nipples soldered on it. The 323 has a brand new tank in it with a big dent in it (looks like some one put it in with a floor jack, with out much care) hopefully I can knock it out or else live with it. LOL

sigpic

Comment

Quad post ftw! ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X