No announcement yet.

the bpt wagon work log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now it doesnt want to fully start this turb crap confuses me ?

Comment

ok engine runs perfect fuel pump is fixed i felt it run on 3 cyclinders in firts gear brought it back to garage switched to my accel wires put the car in reverse backed up then could not get it into 1 gear then rerlized the speedo gear clip and gear had fallen into the tranny when i removed the old motor so i took a chance on running it and sure enough it found its way into locking the tranny . but on the bright side i alreaddy found another tranny for 50 bucks and i was still running the stock gt clutch so i can take this time to get a good clutch and really feel how its soupposed to be .

Comment

that ebay xtd 94-97 miata clutch is nice if your looking for a cheap upgrade
        myself and turboproto have run this clutch not sure how much it can take but it worked well with 11psi on a vj20 in my protege

Comment

ok cool do u have the link or should i just look on e bay ?

Comment

ok every thing is good now except a eratic idle as soon as it warms up it idles at 1500 and floats aroud that .i installed the brk6 ngk plugs the higher heat range killed my hesitation and gave a power boost !

Comment

This project is totally awesome- I'd dare to say this is one of the most original cars I've seen in a while. I love wagons, but I've only really seen Accords with that many hours of wrench work. Keep doing what your doing, man!
              AARC Member

Comment

thanks man all the feedback helps it keeps me going another day !

Comment

got my new bov installed today its a greddy knock off .

Comment

All that red in the engine bay is not stealth by any means though lol! And you live in California too!
                    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                      All that red in the engine bay is not stealth by any means though lol! And you live in California too!
                      How is it not stealth? I mean if you walked up to his car you could see the red in the engine bay? Why do you need your underhood stuff to be stealth for? I need to know how you can hide a turbo under there without anyone seeing it. If people can see under his hood when its up then they will know that he has a turbo anyways so what does it matter if its red?
                      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                      "Who Dey"

Comment

Cause of the cops in California, if you lived here, you'd understand immediately, but I don't think you do.

Thanks to all the nice street ricer kids, cops like to pop the hoods on most cars that they have a feeling might be modified, and things like painted valve covers, breather filters, what have you, don't help when it comes ticket time.

The stock gtx has a heat shield which looks stock as can be if combined with stock gtx piping. But yeah, shiny of bright things, if seen, tend to draw attention from the wrong people.
                        1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

I figure if you have an exhaust or anything done to your car then your a target then if thats the case. I understand the emissions laws in cali. I mean anyone is a target if thats the case but pulling over a wagon, it would be my last thought to look under the hood. but i see your point.
                          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                          "Who Dey"

Comment

ya ive always been the type to just have everything under the hood really stand out even if its not modifyed so not when it is i keep the total sleeper on the out side and all out under the hood u know if im being stupid and ask for a ticket then its just bound to get pulled over but even this one hyway patrol who hated me tryed to look all around my car trying to get me for any thing still never asked me to pop the hood them dont do that much here unless u have a shinny intercooler on the front of your car in which i have the gtx side mount so they will never know ha ha ha ha ha ha .

Comment

i started to wire in my 4 wire tps today spoke to a fellow cp-feoa member who has done for some tips and already have a fresh wire to ecu ran i just need to install tps sensor but dont know how to ajust it yet or what wire u put volt meter to to calibrate it .ill have it fully installed by next weekend i hear they run a bit smoother with em .

Comment

When I did mine it ran so much better. Smoother idle and acceleration.

On a side note, you say you have to put the tps sensor on and adjust it correct? Are you going to install it on a manual throttle body? If so it won't work. You need the whole assembly.
                                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                                X