Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean seperation of the suspension... wish mine came out that clean

Comment

ya the worst part was a nut started spinning inside the rear frame frails so i had to get the sawzal in there, the winter car will be coming home tomorow to be fixed up, pics to follow
      1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

is that a 323 grill on your pro or its the stock one painted black?
        323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

its a 323 one with the mazda lettering cut out,
          1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

well the winter beater is done..

haha
            and the protege is in the garage for the winter

so i just got to find a place to store my 54 chev then i will start tearing into the motor and see what i will be doing there
            1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

What mirrors are those on the Pro in that last picture?
              My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

regular power protege mirrors, painted black
                1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

SICK! i was trying to find a shot of a 94 front end with a lip to see how it would look because i always thought the lip looked better with a non 94 front end but hey it looks sick to me! im going to be having the same setup in the front too but with a familia grille and the 626 lip along with the 94 setup! looks good bro
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

well not much has been done, just got the motor separated from the crossmember and the front and rear suspension is all apart, basically im in the rebuild part now, going to start with the rear suspension first, going to weld some seams and holes up on the crossmember, with the hassle of cleaning up, possibly boxing in the ttl's and the cost of new eurothane bushing in mind, i decided to just build my own. There going to be nice and simple with round stock DOM tubing and custom eurothane bushing (can make cheap). will be making a jig tomorow so il post some pics up of everything then. But for now i got some random pics of the two cars, o and i got the slicks mounted on the EGT rims

1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

dam i need some EGT wheels...stock suspension? kinda looks dropped by like an inch or so....

Comment

Originally posted by miK3Pro View Post
                        dam i need some EGT wheels...stock suspension? kinda looks dropped by like an inch or so....
                        I <3 mines . Looking at those I'm really considering stripping the black paint off of mine. I've been a murdered out kind of guy for years but looking at those has changed my mind a little.

What size tire is that? 195/50? 185/60? Bald?
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                          What size tire is that? 195/50? 185/60? Bald?
                          there actually 205/50/15 they came off my DR16's There toyo RA1's that are just worn down. i actually drove them on the street for a day when i first got the rims and omg did they handle sweet. And yes the cars got a 1.5 drop with ST springs
                          1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

well kinda stuck for progress now, can't build my tubular ttl's untill i get the materials from my buddys shop but he's outta town till next week and i can't sandblast my crossmember and spindles untill i start school again next week, so for now i just organized my **** and started my jig for the non-adjustable ttl's

bad pic but might give you an idea on what im doing, same type of thing as 4-link or 3-link bars

my parts pile

I just like this pic
                            1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

looks good, if i ever do get those EGT rims, i would either keep them stock or paint them gunmetal...

Comment

well since im waiting for people to come back from holidays i thought i would try out some GT side skirts and a rear lip, Anyone guess what the lip is off of?

1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

Working...
                                X