No announcement yet.

And so it begins.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well finished the rear bars for now, still have to weld a tab on for the sway bar. just sat the front down on the jack it will sit higher though
    1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

yo bro ur car looks too tough
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Thanks man, So haven't updated lately because of real slow cash flow lol, but i have managed to get my motor together. Its a SOHC block and crank with 120,xxx km on it with EGT 8.8.1 pistons with new rod bearings and rings with a slightly ported EGT head. Just a cheap stock parts build pretty much, just cleaning up my intake manifold and other little parts right now. Also have a B code vaf and 4-2-1 header. still waiting on parts like water pump, timing belt ect. As for suspension and brakes i just need to get stainless braided flex lines, hook up the e-brake cables, need front rotor, pads and ball joints. Once the motor is complete it should be pretty smooth sailing from there. o also need my exauhst done and tires, i'll post up pics of the motor tonight
        1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

Totally sick build man... always watching it.. love the rear lip idea thouhg even if it is off an accord LOL

Comment

dude ur beasting too much lol
            the egt's look seriouss and what kind of winter beater is that with the EGT front end? the pro looks absolutely serious though

my fs thread

Comment

The winter beater is my old pro that i smashed so i used the EGT front end on it so i could drive it during the swap, Thanks for the comments
              1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

wow never heard of that haha but thats cool

my fs thread

Comment

is it worth it to use the SOHC crank ? I want to run the car N/a for a month or so before i turbo it and i was just wondering if the SOHC crank will have noticeable loss of power running N/A?

my fs thread

Comment

from what iv read its a 8lb weight difference between the b8 and bp crank, less rotating mas=more power. but i also heard its only good for up to 250 ish hp, not sure on that though?? But for me i don't plan on doing much more power wise so whatever
                    1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

I use GR-2 struts too but are you using coilovers with them in the rear? If so what brand? How did you g\adapt them to the gr-2's?

Comment

coilover sleeves front and rear, there actually just ebay sleeves and they slid over the gr2's perfect, tight fit. i plan to get dropzones sometime in the summer
                        1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

well the motor is complete, brakes are done, suspension is done, juts need to figure out some wiring problems

*here is the wiring problems*
                          1993 Protege GT

1993 miata lsx swap

Comment

It's looking good man!

Comment

Looks like you are moving in the right direction. Starting to look the sex
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

2 questions

what is the front lip off of

is there a gap from the hood to the grill on your winter beater with the egt front?
                                MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A RACING PROBLEM

Comment

Working...
                                X