No announcement yet.

egtredlined's worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE... It was a beautiful weekend here in NY and got into the low 50's. Needless to say, I took full advantage of it and did some wrenching.
    NOTE* Change in plans...I will no longer be pulling the stock engine from my '92 and dropping it into the '93 to boost. I know that I will be upgrading the turbo at some point down the road so I've decided that I'm going to rebuild the '93 BP with forged internals, etc.

Comment

keep us updated, yeah is was nice here to (WI))on sat. in the low 40's but late sunday afternoon were got a nother 4 inches.
      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

As everyone else has said that is a beautiful GT you have there! Based on the parts I see you are serious about your build. If you are upgrading the bottom end internals it would be good take that head off and check for head warpage and go with a new oem mazda mlss HG. It is rare to have a head gasket fail on a BP but you'll be kicking your own butt later when you upgrade the turbo/management/fuel components and running 15+ psi and you have a head gasket fail. Now that I think of it if you are going with aftermarket pistons are you boring the cylinders out any? You'll have the head off anyway lol.

Comment

I am not cutting any corners on this build. I'm going with etd rods, FM 9:1 wisecos, ARP studs, OEM headgasket, rebuilding the head/possible corksport head upgrade with oversize valves if I have the funds. The block is going to be bored .040 over, hot tanked, painted, deck checked, etc. The crank will be turned balanced polished. I'm still undecided as to which bearings I want to use. I am converting the car to manual steering. All engine seals and gaskets are getting replaced. I'm also installing new timing belt, water pump, alternator, starter, distributor, axles, slave cyl, SS clutch line, master cylinders, urethane exh. hangers, new GTR intake mani, walbro 255 etc. I'm sure I forgot things, but everything is getting replaced. Since the car is in ridiculously awesome shape, I don't mind putting money into it.
          Last edited by egtredlined; 03-12-2009, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a plan. Make sure to buy the SS water pump gaskets from mazda as they are the BEST lol. Oh and don't forget a new timing kit(idler and tensioner). I wish I has the money to perfect the bottom end of the engine. This is what I did: http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name...wtopic&t=46545

Comment

UPDATE tore the engine down tonight. Everything is in incredible shape after 171kmi! I hope to get the parts off to the machine shop sometime this week...

Last edited by egtredlined; 04-12-2009, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I left the block and crank at the machine shop today so I'm getting closer.

more pics...

Comment

Damn bro doing it RIGHT!! i love seeing threads like this, doing it right the first time!! keep the pictures/updates rolling!
                  Originally posted by 90prtege
                  have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                  Originally posted by Turpro
                  Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                  CRZbrussian: that sux
                  CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                  CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Got my GTR ecu and afm this morning. Received it in only three days from Malaysia via DHL international air. I was very impressed.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice build man, You are going to be able to throw sick boost at this thing with those internals.
                      ]

Comment

I guess it's time for an update. The engine and trans are going in tomorrow and the car should be on the road next week. I can't wait!!!

Pics

Comment

Man sweet ride. love how some people on here are really taking time and care with their cars. Beautiful egt man. looking forward to your updates
                          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

wow that's some update nice engine

Comment

Comment

Nice! It's going to be a sleeper for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X