• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome!!
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

very interested to see how you find the handling difference after

Comment

Great thread! just backread the whole thing. I love the attention to detail you've put into this car, the paint work is superb. I have a lot of learning to do!

I'm with everyone one else though - how do you even drive this thing! It belongs in a museum!

Comment

Thanks guys for your comments ...

The car might be abit of a trailer queen , but I do drive it hard and will be tweaking it more and more as time goes by .

I like a car to both look good and go fast.

As promised here are a few pics of the K-Sport GT Pro set up with the Advanced front upper pillow ball mounts , which have both the caster and camber adjustments.

Take a look .

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02153.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1230003

Name:	DSC02155.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1230004

Name:	DSC02156.jpg
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	1230005

Name:	DSC02159.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1230006

Name:	DSC02161.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1230007

Name:	DSC02162.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1230008

Name:	DSC02163.jpg
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1230009
          Last edited by 323Permin; 12-09-2011, 10:56 PM.

Comment

So I trial fitted the front K-Sports, with the 1999 - 2003 BJ Upper Advanced Camber / Caster Pillow Ball Plates.

I can confirm that they bolt right up.

Here is a pic ..

Name:	DSC02166.jpg
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1230089

Name:	DSC02169.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1230090

There will be quite a difference from the Ground Control set up to the K-Sports .. I cant wait to take them out for their first Auto-X

Name:	DSC02170.jpg
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	1230091

Name:	DSC02171.jpg
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1230092

Oh.. Plus my other rear trailing arms from Jim @ Peirce motorsports came in ... Off to the powder coaters :0) they will go.

Name:	DSC02174.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1230093

Name:	DSC02175.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1230094

Comment

WOW! The shaft on the Ksports are massive! I'm liking the suspension upgrades!

Comment

Nice setup you have installed, here waiting on your feedback from your next autocross outing. Will you be selling the ground control coilover kit?

Comment

Yes Mazkam......

I will be selling the ground controls, helper springs and the Cusco Camber plates, ( both front and rear set ups ) in the near future.

Once I have the suspension taken out and replaced with the K-sports I will be posting it for sale . Not sure what sort of $$ yet .

It will be for all the items, as its been built with the camber plates and top hats as a system , cant part it out.

Comment

pm me a price of what you would want for it, very interested

NW MAZDAS

Comment

wow those are some impressive looking upper strut mounts, glad to know they fit so well!
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

absolutely gorgeous car. you're attention to detail is impeccable.

what class do you run in auto-x? S Mod, or Mod? I would think you would need to be boosted to be competitive in either.

Comment

fyi the Canadian GT door moldings have a provision to continue the red pinstripe all the way down the side of the car

Comment

I am running in the FSP Class seeing that I have used a stock power plant which was used in the US LX model.

Originally posted by LaFlava View Post
                            absolutely gorgeous car. you're attention to detail is impeccable.

what class do you run in auto-x? S Mod, or Mod? I would think you would need to be boosted to be competitive in either.

Comment

Well I have installed all four corners with the new GT K-sports , new larger rear sway bar ...

And now I have my rear arms back from the powder coaters.

They are all reassembled and lubed up :0) They look NICE !!!

So, Its time for the rear end to come all apart again to install them.

Once evrything is back in I am going to get the alignment done

And the final step will be to put it on the pads to corner balance it.

Hopefully the weather in Feb / March will be nice enough to run it in the dry to feel it out before an Auto-X event.

Name:	DSC02224.jpg
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1230441

Name:	DSC02236.jpg
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1230442

Oh I also installed a Momo Steering wheel (320mm) , smaller than stock . It will improve my driving ..LOL

Name:	DSC02228.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1230443

Comment

Almost finish the install of all the suspension .

Finally got all my bits and pieces to custom build the rear end links to go to the new mounting points on the rear control arms .

So this weekend it will be all together. Then off to get the alignment done .... Final step "corner balancing" the car.

I will be sure to post abunch of pics for everyone.

But while I am waiting for the weekend I started to thing Hmmmm what would my car look like with wide wheel flares.

I know Dac Sac had used the black Datsun 240/260 Z aftermarket ones on his 323 Right Hand drive V6 project.

But I have found another potential option... I will tell you if they will work .

Here is a mock up .... of what I think it will look like .

Name:	323 Flare mock up .jpg
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	1230800
                                Last edited by 323Permin; 03-02-2012, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X