• Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTR vin FTW. ive got one of those too

NW MAZDAS

Comment

The best engine you can buy for a 323 ^^ you will enjoy it trust me :-P

Comment

Well I had to take the car out and do some Auto-X this past weekend ...

First trial to see what the new K-Sport suspension performed like.

The car handles quit abit better, more stable in the corners .

With some more tweaking and possibly in the future some stiffer spring rates .. the car is on it way to be quicker and quicker .

Here is a Video..

Last edited by 323Permin; 04-17-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

And another ...

Comment

Impressive runs..

Comment

Looks good Rob... The K-sports felt pretty good.. Just have to roll the rear fenders some more...

Did you get video of my 61.1 in your car???

Comment

Havent got much dont to the new engine build ... but I did go out and do some Auto-x last weekend ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto-X May13-2012-3761.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1232629

Name:	Auto-X May13-2012-3823.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1232630

Name:	Auto-X May13-2012-4186.jpg
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1232631

My fastest time was a 56.024 sec

Skip to the 2:11 Min mark in the video to see the run .

Attached Files
                Last edited by 323Permin; 05-20-2012, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Video and the pictures look really good Rob...

Comment

Just another weekend of Auto-X Weee !!!!

But I am not slacking off .. the engine GTR engine build is in full progress mode . The Block and Crank are out at the machine shop ...

And I have been ordering up parts for the bottom end, plus looking to buy more parts soon once I get into working on the head .

Here is a few vids from today ... the cockpit vid was my first run , cold tires, wet course and pushing to hard ..... and I lost it half way around the course ..LOL

This other one is my fastest run of 31.64 Seconds. fast forward to the 2:00 min mark to see the run.

The fastest car of the day was in the 28.5 second realm ... so I did pretty well once the track dryed up

http://youtu.be/1nvq2JIOQiE
                    Last edited by 323Permin; 06-11-2012, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Nice Rob, did you do the Scion FR-S event? Did you get a chance to drive it today?

Comment

Ya I did the FR-S event .... got to drive it once. It was very different to drive to the front wheel drive cars.

There was lots of guys taking pics so there should be lots posted up son on the VCMC website later this week .
                        Last edited by 323Permin; 06-04-2012, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Right on. Any pictures?

Comment

I did a few vids on my runs , just loading them now to youtube , but there will be a bunch of pics. As there was lots of guys shooting today ..

I would suspect they will be posted up on the VCMC website early in the week .

Comment

A small update on the ride ...

The GTR engine build is close to a dead stop. The block and all the rotating assembly is still at the machine shop.

I am hoping it will be done in a few weeks, then I can at least start the bottom assembly. Paint the block install the essentials for now.

On a bummer note the original VJ23 which came with the motor is toasted .

The JDM importer ( JDM Engine Corp. out of Texas ) that I bought it from sold me a lemon turbo motor !!!!

It was the chance I was taking with out seeing the motor and inspecting it myself. So I have been working on getting another VJ23, ( or two ) from a few CP members here.

This will get me up and running at least for the start on the build. I will be looking in the future at another setup as money becomes available.

On a positive note I am working on the GT-ae upper rear spolier I bought , along with a rear GTR Bumper.

The spolier was in excellent condition and just had a few imperfections. It will be painted by the end of the weekend .

Here is the GT-ae spolier . the first sanding stage. Primer with be next with some small putty spots , another sanding , another coat of primer one last sanding and then to paint .

Name:	IMG_3640.jpg
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1233241

Name:	IMG_4478.jpg
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	1233243

Name:	IMG_5438.jpg
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1233244

As for the GTR rear Bumper ... its in rough shape and will need at least 40 hours of work to get it the way I want it to be finished like . ( better than new )

It looks like in it life time its been hit in two areas, so I have to work some magic

The good thing is that the lower lip and all the hardware is there.

I dont have to do much with it other than clean it up , powder coat the metal mounting hardware and spray the lip black .

Name:	DSC02571.jpg
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	1233348

Name:	DSC02572.jpg
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	1233349

Name:	DSC02573.jpg
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	1233350

Name:	DSC02574.jpg
Size:	354.2 KB
ID:	1233351

Name:	DSC02578.jpg
Size:	391.1 KB
ID:	1233352
                              Last edited by 323Permin; 08-13-2012, 01:16 AM.

Comment

GT-ae you say? Is it a whale tail style or something? Difficult to picture it on the car lol, either way looks good man! Sorry to hear about the bummed turbo tho
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X