Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats gonna be one clean 323 for sure!!!!
    whats the size on those tires!!??

Comment

195 50 15
      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
      "Who Dey"

Comment

bump for progress!
        loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
        73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
        sigpic

Comment

Hey where did you get that grill from because I see it has the original Familia logo and I been wanting one for my 91 Protege
          --1991 Mazda Protege LX (Project Car)
          --2002 Chevy Avalanche (Daily Driver)
          --1966 Mustang Fastback (Drag Strip)
          --1988 Grand Marquis LS (Old School Project)

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Comment

Ok ..Ok here is some new updates ...

I have been busy with life so not as much has been done .. Well at least not as much I would have like to be done .

Finally got around to pulling the Wee 1.6 SOHC and auto tranny out of the car ... along with the wiring harness and ECU .

Did a cleanup of the engine bay and then got busy cleaning up the new engine bay wiring harness/ECU and got it installed.

Tackled the removal of the Auto pedal assembly and gear shift assembly.

Then found out that a 1990 standard pedal assembly/ steering column isnt exactly the same
            as the 1993 one. The way it bolts up around the steering column isnt the same from the 1990 one I pulled it from.
            I am going to have to modify it to make it bolt up right.

Finally got the Kia K24 tranny back together with the help from fellow CP memeber " Crazy Canadian " .

We put in all new bearings/seals and a 626 - 5th gear set in it before reassembly . Buttoned it all up with a new GTR clutch slave , and Cork Sport S.Steel braid clutch line .

Oh and all new AWR Tranny mounts . I just want to clean up the rest of the case before bolting up to the block .

Last edited by 323Permin; 10-30-2010, 03:04 PM.

Comment

lookin good man!
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I wish my car was a project car. Looks good
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i think that tranny needs a quick coat of silver to freshin it up like the engine

Comment

The Tranny will get some more attention . I plan on detailing the case with a small dremel wire wheel ...

It gets the oxidation off and brightens the aluminum up nice. It also lets me get into all the small areas.

Comment

i didnt see the swap pics, looking good so far! were your subframe bushings in nice shape when you swapped all your suspension bits around? i've always wanted to find a poly or solid bushing replacement for them...lol
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

lookin damn good, man. what sorta timeline do you have for the project?

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey Mazda_Powered....

I havent found any other options for the subframe bushings .... the ones which were on the car are shot. So I have ended up just getting brand new factory ones . It will be interesting how they will hold up with all the other tranny/ engine mounts being the AWR 88 Duro stiffness.

And as for finishing this project 89BG323 .... are they ever finished ??? I am basically hoping to have it together for spring 2011 but life and money changes things always . It will get done eventually. Even if it doesnt get on the road this sring it will sit there till its done ... told myself that I am Not going to sell it .

Comment

good deal. ya know, you were the one who told me about CP back on cardomain, and so i came here and i was mega impressed with all the info here... i dont know why i didnt find your build thread sooner... im on my 3rd 323, the first on go ran off a logging road, the second one got rear ended... and now, i have one that is fast becoming a money pit... maybe when i can keep one for more than a year ill start a build log, but until then, imma stay entertained with the good one that are already here. this is definitely one of them! :D so keep puttin up good updates!

sigpic

Comment

loving how the car is coming along. very nice work going on. by the way the wheels look great on the car. black with the rid pinstripe looks great. but im a black wheel kind of guy.doing the same with my stockers. still looking for a set of rotas for mine.
                              91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Such a clean car Is this going to be V6 or BPT powered?

Comment

Working...
                                X