Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

design by ray FTW!

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Those flares look so badass. Love it.

Comment

more progress, wont be able to finish tonight, gonna try to do 1 more, that leaves one for tomorrow...enjoy

front completely finished (except paint)

rear (same)
        Last edited by Rayman; 08-20-2009, 01:42 AM.
        95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

ps. i know the flares are perfectly "round" (or conical), thats what you get with parts made for other cars and having to bend/bow it to fit here. but i can live with that.
          95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Holy wheel gap! is your car lowered?

Comment

yea thats the reason why i wanted flares, i actually wanted more wheel gap. really tired of rubbing going over bumps and making turns. the gap looks bigger than they lead on in the pics here, wheel openings are a little higher than before, but the car sits at the same height.

Comment

Oh I see. I want to see more pics

Comment

Looking great Rayman I 2nd the pauls323 hood headlight mod
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

hood headlight? link?

calling it a night, got 3 done, hopefully get the last one done 1st thing in the morning. i'll tell u what, this mod is not for the faint of heart. its much much much more involved than i thought, and i'm never one to underestimate any projects big or small.

i would NOT recommend this project for anyone who doesnt have 1) craft(smanship) and 2) patience - mainly due to the fact that this is pretty much a fabrication ordeal, by getting fender flares (universal or for a different model), only thing u gain is not having to model up some flares and mold them, after that, it's all testing, fitting, retesting, refitting etc. etc.

anyways, i look forward to seeing this thing in daylight, and being able to stand back and look at the whole thing out of the garage. hopefully finished pics tomorrow.

Comment

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

wrapped this thing up this morning....gonna wash her this evening. glad it's all over now lol
                        Attached Files

Comment

when you gonna drop it down a little bit. but it looks great as is too
                          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                          VF10 powered!
                          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

im not gonna move down the flares, im just leaving it as is. a couple of "issues". the location right now, the outer edge of the flares lines up with the stock fender crease line (the flat part), if i was to drop it down, then that fender line will show on top (in addition) to the new flares, IMO, that's too busy and just wont look as well thought out. and might actually make the added flares look too saggy. plus as mentioned, i wanted this partially for practical purposes to eliminate rubbing, as is now, when i'm cranked all the way (left/right) the front wheels still rub the flares a little. so to drop it down anymore will become a bit more impractical.

i mean it does look a bit high, and i know alot of guys, esp. the germans and some of the 240/rx7 etc. w/ the widebody, they literally have their fenders sitting on the tires, but that's not the extreme look im going for.

Comment

i meant lowering the car itsself. lol
                              edit- after looking at the begining of the thread i see you already have. hmm it looks a little high.
                              Last edited by Ace; 08-20-2009, 08:03 PM.
                              -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                              VF10 powered!
                              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

i don't think it neccessarily even needs to be lowered. i thin k another 1" would look coo. but i love the stance now. reminds me of thsoe damn 'go-kart' cars lol. we got a couple 240z's out herethat have this 'homebrew' look to em.. and it's crazy as hell..

godjob!
                                1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                                Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                                "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Working...
                                X