Rayman's 90 323 work log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rayman View Post
    i didnt even do anything w/ the pads/calipers. so i didnt even look at what guides u are talking about. the brackets fit around everything, it simply moves the caliper bolting point outward.
    Part #6. I think their purpose is to support the inner pad so they don't "twist" from all the torque exerted on them.

--Ferdi
    If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
    -----
    Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
    Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
    Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

to be honest, i dont even recognize that, so a) my calipers dont have them, or b) they're there and i just didn't even see/bother with them....either scenario is fine with me, if its a), i've never had any problems with my brake pads going out of place (?). if it's b) then they're still there and doing their job, cuz i surely didnt remove them.
      95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Drummer69 View Post
        Which is ironically one of the more properly built 323s in the world. GT4 driveline conversion, 343whp from a BPT with forged internals. I will admit, I'm not a fan of this color, or the decals, and especially that bumper (I unfortunately have it, previous owner put it on, I broke the bottom half after a couple of weeks :D)

Are you still using the stock calipers and brake pads?
        Says the guy that's MUTILATING a GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by SPENONE View Post
          Go read the discussion about it on AMAZD. Ironically I just finished watching the vids of that car on youtube the same day.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

Originally posted by SPENONE View Post
            X2
            Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Comment

Rayman, why did you choose to use such a large diameter? I'm all for overkill on braking systems, but I would think a 12" rotor would be suffice for a BG.
              I'm concerned with the weight of the rotors themselves IIRC those particular rotors you are using are about 27lbs each where LX rotors are only 13lbs each.
              There are 13" rotors that weigh only 20lbs each but will give nearly the same diameter and look you are going for.
              -Michael
              '90 Protege SE
              Originally posted by charles
              It's probably to fix that ****ing automatic seatbelt

Comment

why? 1, it's just what i can find that matches all the other measurements of the stock rotors. 2, i wanted really really big brakes - it's a long story, but in a nutshell, ive always wanted to but never got a chance to do it for my probe gt, hence why i changed to 17s wheels for the 16s that i had.

i agree, 12" is more "reasonable" and will do just fine, and if there's enough interests, i might look into developing a 12" kit. but this was done personally for myself, and as mentioned, the extra weight wasn't a big deal to me. the car is plenty quick, and im not trying to make it a rocket.
                95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

ok, well it's been a while since I've done anything, been busy with "life". got married, moved to a house, finally got the garage KINDA set up for doing work....anyways, 1st thing i did in over a month (which happens to be just about how long the car hadnt been washed) is installed a 1g mx6/626 front chin spoiler that I picked up at a local yard a while back - i know im not the only one who's done this. fitment was great, only modification is having to "section" about 1 foot out of it. got some screws/nuts/bolts combo to mount i and it looks great.

i got a "secret" project lined up in the next couple of weeks, not so much secretive, but more like covering my ass, if it works out i'll post it, if it doesn't then it never happened haha.
                  Last edited by Rayman; 07-30-2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

ps, for those who even care still, the brakes are working just fine....nothing worth reporting except that nothing's fallen apart lol.

Comment

Pics and info on all those bikes Actually just crate 1 up and send it my way

Also the last pic in the 2nd to last post didn't pop up([img])
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Looks good man!
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                          Pics and info on all those bikes Actually just crate 1 up and send it my way

Also the last pic in the 2nd to last post didn't pop up([img])
                          dont know how the tag got there, but there wasnt another pic

as for the brakes, I got custom brackets with hardware to relocate the stock calipers to fit those 13" rotors. direct bolt-on setup. if you are interested, PM me. only thing is, u have to have 17" wheels for them to clear.

Comment

I love it! Now to find a 1g mx6/626 front chin spoiler for my car (in Canada).
                            I have not seen a 1G MX6/626 on a Canadian road in ten years LOL.
                            I would be lucky to find a car from the previous Millenium in a Canadian Wrecking Yard.
                            Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman View Post

Is the cardboard for a leaky V6?

EDIT: Also, what'd ya buy at Sears? Notice the Craftsman on the box... tool box? Kickass shelving for the garage?
                              I peered out from the castle window and looked over the splendor of ROTM county. Yes, twas' a much simpler time back then. Peasants would go about their postings, and I, the mod, would rule over them with an iron fist.

Comment

yea the cardboard's from the 3pc tool chest i bought at sears. as far as the oil...just a few minor drips from the drain plug. reused it once too many times lol, need to put in the new one next oil change.

Comment

Working...
                                X