This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's work -

only got about an hour or so of work done today. Some welding of the LHS frame rail the big 3 holes just in front of the firewall - I found it easier to just cover them all up instead of filling them, especially since a patch piece would fit in with the other sheetmetal. I got it welded in, and just did the first round of smoothing before putting the primer on. More work on that later in the week.

I also trimmed the edges of the cowl in the engine bay (near the rails). 1 day off, then back to work on thursday. I also got the LHS apron all patched up, but I need to do the finish grinding.

Umm.....don't mind the teletubbies....I needed something for shade for late afternoon work...

Last edited by Dan [Sac]; 07-21-2009, 11:43 PM.
    '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

if you want, ill sell you my gtr center console

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Post some pics of it - I have a full MX3 center console, but those require a bit of work to look good with the 323 dash.

Comment

I'm doing a LHD conversion. If you want my dash and accompanying pieces, PM me.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

dude i wish i lived near you so you can weld up my mx3

Comment

God dammit all these kl proteges around here. Makes me sad to know this would be as near as makes no difference to impossible to make this kinda project in Finland.. Or you could do one but it would never be street legal...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Drummer69 View Post
                You just took murdering your gtr to a whole new level *shakes head*
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Who's planning the assassination? This monster must be stopped!

The mx3 is looking great BTW. I wish I had the skills to do half of that.

Comment

tsk tsk tsk!........................how much $$$$$?!?!?!?! lol

1995 KIA Sephia GS
                    1992 Mazda 323

Comment

btw, dan your proyect look insane!! 5 stars :D i love this hatch it's like a p0rn star lol

miss my hatch

1995 KIA Sephia GS
                      1992 Mazda 323

Comment

Originally posted by redheddude222 View Post
                        Who's planning the assassination? This monster must be stopped!

The mx3 is looking great BTW. I wish I had the skills to do half of that.
                        I think you meant 323
                        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                        "Who Dey"

Comment

Lol wut?

Comment

Ooooooooooooooooooo Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh God Damn Yeah!!!
                            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

This is just the world's biggest attempt at using a straight next KLZE and avoid the brake booster.

(just kidding)

Looks wonderful. I'm debating cleaning up all my extra holes with the mig welder since mine's all torn apart. It looks sooooo pretty
                              I peered out from the castle window and looked over the splendor of ROTM county. Yes, twas' a much simpler time back then. Peasants would go about their postings, and I, the mod, would rule over them with an iron fist.

Comment

Tell me you are going to paint the engine bay before throwing that in.

Comment

Working...
                                X