• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I went through that when I tucked the chassis harness

Comment

are you going to run an intercooler?

Comment

i see that u did a much cleaner job with the radiator support

btw, when did u go pick up that bumper...i want that thing, but still cant justify that much money on a damn bumper.
        95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
          are you going to run an intercooler?
          Yes, if there is room, which I think there will be. Small one, but better than nothing.
          '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
          '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
          10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
          490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman View Post
            i see that u did a much cleaner job with the radiator support

btw, when did u go pick up that bumper...i want that thing, but still cant justify that much money on a damn bumper.

That's because this time I threw out the hood latch center support and I was able to stuff the radiator deeper in there. So hood pins will be what will hold my hood down, no room for stock hood latch.

I paid the shipping cost for the corksport bumper, didn't feel like going 10 hours each way to save a few bucks.

Comment

ooh. u should do watercooled
              95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Thinking about doing water cooled for the drag car, as it has higher heat removal potential in the short term (could stuff dry ice in the coolant heat exchanger).

For a daily driver, air cooled is better imho. Low maintenance, less plumbing, less power consumption. Once the coolant gets heat soaked (and this is Cali after all, where 100*F days are as common as guidos in NJ) then it's not that efficient.

So for single passes with cooling in between, the liquid would be superior...

Comment

all i got was blah blah blah im too lazy to do the plumbing

Comment

btw, im gonna be up in the bay area next weekend (labor day), chances might be that we make the trip in 323 (depending on weather/heat), wanna meet up somewhere?

Comment

Could be arranged, depending on if Jazmin has to work that day or not and if we're doing something else. We'll have to see in the next couple of days or so.

Comment

just let me know before next week

Comment

Today's work - relocating battery to trunk.

Normally it would go on the right side of the trunk, but this being RHD it now is RHS-biased in terms of weight, so it had to go on the left....problem is that the spare tire is offset to the left to clear the muffler.

So I made a plate/tray, cantilevered it off the frame rail, and gusseted the crap out of it underneath, like the support arm of a shelf. The fit was sweet, I can get the spare tire in/out without any issues (and I DID want to keep a spare tire and its location).

Once welded on, there was 1/16" flex with a 65 lb applied load. Not bad once the carpet, plywood and padding will be in.

Kit is Summit P/N SUM-G1231-K ($125), NHRA/IHRA legal, with a sealed lid and vent tube, and uses 1-gauge cable. I won't be running any big electronics, and the car is short, so I don't expect any power issues.

Also picked up about $180 worth of XRP hardware and an Earl's oil cooler for the oil plumbing. The setup is like this:

*block oil plate
                          *remote oil filter mount
                          *oil cooler
                          *back to oil filter mount
                          *through -8AN gauge adaptor fitting (here the ProSport oil press. sending unit is mounted)
                          *back to block oil plate return

No thermostat, being in Cali I'll just give the car a few minutes to bring the oil up to temp, especially since this engine is a fresh rebuild with 0 miles.

Comment

very cool, love how this is coming along nicely
                            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

how are you doing the wiring for the relocation would like to see how you do this i will be relocating my battery soon and was looking for other ways of hooking stuff up

i was just going to bolt both wires together and use lots of tape lol

Comment

we have the same tape measure :D

Comment

Working...
                                X