Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any chance of some updates. with pretty painted pic's?
    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
    ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
    What are you driving?

Comment

No paint yet, still sanding a couple of hours a day as my free time shrank a bit. Will try to wrap it up by tomorrow night and spray on monday, hopefully. If not, then the following monday, and so on...
      '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
      '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
      10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
      490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

So it looks like I'll have the booth available on the 21st, a week from today. And I'm almost done sanding, have some details left in the engine bay and the spoilers.

Comment

Its gonna be so nice. Have you posted this build on probetalk or anything? If so what do they think of it?
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

Been following this thread for a longgg time. Super stoked to see the outcome and very excited to see that someone took the time and effort to do something amazing/great as you are doing to this 323. Definitely an inspiration for my current and future vehicles Dan. A+ :D
            94 Mazda MX3 GS MazdaSpeed \ KL-31 KLZE \ Probinator Chip \ Greddy Catch Can \ 3" SRI \ Hotshot Ceramic Headers \ Magnaflow Cat-Muffler-Res \ ZX2's \ Ground Controls \ SRD Replica Tie Bar \ Cross Drilled Rotors \ Black E-Spec Headlights \ 4300K H4 HID's \ Alpine CDA-9835 \ Full MTX System \ Tons of Mazdaspeed parts!

Comment

There'll be some delays now that the week-long storm is in mid swing. Since the car's outside I can't really work on it as the rain is heavy and horizontal. Oh well, 6 months in, another week or two of push-backs isn't much.

The good part is that the delay ensures that after paint I have shop space (the RWD Probe has been sold and will vacate its shop space at the end of the month). So at least putting it all back together will be done inside the friendly confines, with much better lighting, temperature, and even music

Comment

Your doing just fine. You have almost completed two MX-326's in time it has taken me to build half of one.
                Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

WHAT!!! You sold the RWD Probe??? How come?

haha, not yelling, just very suprised!
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

No time to finish it. No real use for it after finishing it, wouldn't be competitive in anything, really the only pluses were the coolness factor and engineering challenge, both of which I've outgrown - but also the emergence of the 323 as a more viable 'mini super-car', so to speak. With the drag car I get speed, with the 323 I get good looks, nice handling, and a bit of speed, so unless I let myself become automotively gluttonous I had to let something go.

I might try it again at some point down the road, but not anytime soon. I've been hearing 20B rotaries calling my name for some time now, but I keep pretending nothing's happening.

Comment

So go with a RWD Rotary 323, or would it be a 327 or 328?
                      2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                      1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by nerd racing View Post
                        So go with a RWD Rotary 323, or would it be a 327 or 328?
                        I would say a RX-323 or RX-327 or a RX-328. "RX" I would think would stand for Rotary. Example RX-3, RX-4, RX-7 and RX-8. The "3", "4", "7" & "8" would be the series or progression in Rotary technology. So if you put a RX-7 engine in a 323 it would be a RX-327. LOL

My question: When did I turn ito a total MaZda geek?

Magic Triangle Power frightens me though.

sigpic

Comment

I think mother nature does indeed love me. After days of rain, it stopped at the exact time I decided to tow the car to the booth. The rain was stopped until I got there, and 30 seconds after I pushed the car in, the skies opened up something fierce...I enjoyed my fortunate window of opportunity

I'm gonna keep calling my little car a 323, because that's what it is to me. Otherwise it just gets weird, since the engine & transmission are from a Probe.

Comment

Probably best "323 Probe" sounds like a really invasive visit to a gay Proctologist.

sigpic

Comment

Paint moved to next week....again. Car's smoother than a polished sediment stone by now.

Comment

Dan, check your PMs.
                                1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X