Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have more pics to upload but Photobucket is spazzing out at the moment.

I got new axles put on, shift linkage tidied up, y-pipe bolts up flawlessly to the rest of the mx3 exhaust, oil filter bracket bolted on, alternator back up, the power steering pulley put up so I don't have to fab anything up at the moment for it, belts are on.
    '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

amazing how clean this car is i love it. i am going to take time to read this thread from the start.
      GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
      AND
      THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

Comment

Hrm, I spy ABS rings?
          1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

excellent as always man. photos look great
            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
              Hrm, I spy ABS rings?
              yea I was looking at those too.
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
              |.....Overnight....................| ||
              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

The car is fully wired for ABS (minus the control box), so if I lock up too much (which I don't think I will, but just in case) then I'll add the 4 wheel sensors and plug in the ABS brain and see if I like it better that way.

Edit - check that, no ABS for me....I totally forgot that I have no ABS motor.
                Last edited by Dan [Sac]; 06-10-2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

is that a rusty cast manifold in the one picture? i thought you had headers for it?
                  -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                  VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

All the emissions equipment is on the car as I need to pass the CARB engine change certification.

Comment

ah, so you are running the stock setup for now till you get it certified. then on with the supercharger and headers?
                      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                      VF10 powered!
                      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

soooooooo sexy, god damn haha thats awesome!
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

So I think I have about 3 or 4 more full workdays left to get her going. The enormity of the task is overwhelming once in a while, so I had to set up some plateaus to enjoy the fruits of the work in phases...I think I'm at the last one now (engine back in), and I feel like I'm at once both really close and far away from completion...

Once it's done I think I'll enjoy it stock for some time, just to get a breather from it. Then the mods will be their own reward down the road.

Radiator's up, but I need to get some rubber pads to put under the bottom mounting points.

I also bolted up the mx6 bumper lip to the 3-hole jdm bumper, and the match was quite good. The only downside was at the wheel arches the lip falls 1" short on both sides, but the fit is so good everywhere else that I'm putting it on the "I'll deal with it later" list for now.

At this time though, time to make myself a couple of sandwiches, and I think I have some leftover champagne that needs my attention. And the TV has been calling my name all week, I've been ignoring the poor thing...thank goodness for DVR, this way I can watch the World Cup games at my leisure.

Comment

Originally posted by 300BHPZE View Post
                            I'm thinking of doing flares on my GTX and I'm curious how you went about it.

Forgot to add - http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?showtopic=47525

That's pretty much the same path I took to mounting the flares.

Comment

your swap is so clean man. i love it. makes me want to clean mine up.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

wish I could spend the time to make it a brand new car like you did.
                                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                                X