This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day is finally done.

Got the signal wires flipped (front & rear), everything is peachy keen. All lights work properly. Then I soldered in the Mitsu H4 harness plugs so I have a factory H4 look now. Got the wiper motor plug extended and run under the cowl, out of sight. Also soldered in the correct reverse sensor plug and extended it and reverse lights are now operational. Fan plug also done right, as well as other misc. bits and pieces.

On the left, the MX6/Probe reverse sensor plug (spade slots are vertical), on the right, the MX3 one - clearly, mating was out of the question.

Idle, smooth like butter. The CEL is for the ECTF fan sensor, a problem I rectified today.

Got the plug wires arranged. One of my biggest KL pet peeves are messy plug wires....just go to the junkyard, plenty of unbroken ones around if you have some initiative. Especially in clean engine bays, a messy ignition wire rats' nest is just an eyesore.

The turn signal 'solution' - run the signal wires from one side to the other (in front). In the rear it was much easier as the wires run together all the way to the tail light panel so that was a simple cross-over deal.

The H4 harness plugs in place:

'90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

So clean...

want to touch the heinie lol.
      1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Today I'm fighting with the hood/fenders to align everything, and HOPE to have enough time for the maiden test drive...got the ride height set in front, centered the camber settings, and set the toe to almost 0 as well.

Somehow I lost one of my 'arms' for the wiper drive assembly so I'll leave those out until I find it or get another one from overseas.

Comment

we want to see some driving videos!
          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
            HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
            Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

It'll be a few days before I can do that, got lots of little things to monitor and keep track of...

As of now, I drove it about 12 feet as I backed it out of the garage

Few more brackets to tighten up, some bolts to torque, and hopefully within 2 hrs I can be on the street.

Comment

that was probably the best drive of your life.. lol
                -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                VF10 powered!
                262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post

i hope you don't have any issues with the internal coil on the distributor, i was kind of suprised to see the stock ignition setup lol

Daaaamnnnn youu.....lol...you jinxed me.

The stock disty is fine most of the time. When the drag car was running 12s n/a and 11s on nitrous, I was running stock plug wires and a stock disty. Generally I have not had issues with them (1 or 2 failed over the last 10 years and 15+ KLs).

Test drive went fine other than than engine cutout which I think is due to the failing disty - once it cooled off it fired right up and drove right, for a while, then it would cut out again, and repeat - a telltale sign of a bad ignitor.

But other than that, considering how far apart the car was, it drives nice. Steering is very manageable, with the depowered GTX rack (2.1 turns lock to lock). Suspension is stiff but not unbearable. Power is good but I didn't get on it and I won't for at least 500 miles until the rings seat (clutch and gearbox also need to be broken in).

Tomorrow I'm off to the beach after spending the morning at a bar in the bay area watching Spain-Germany with my lady. So Thursday I'll handle the disty issue, add the second coolant sensor as my 'fix' didn't take, and do the 4-wheel alignment.

Pics from today - she got a tank of gas today. DOn't mind the dust, cleanup will come. Also don't pay attention to the hood prop stick, I still have to bolt on a pair of hydraulic struts on the hood, Lexus-style.

Comment

mmm beautifull

Comment

****ing amazing! Can't wait for the supercharger to go in and watch videos of it!

Comment

awesome.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Nice job on the latches

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                          HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                          Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

i personally would attempt to tuck those wheels without the overfenders, but that looks quite impossible with that offset/lip. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I have an HEI and external coil PRD cap and Blaster 3 coil still for a 95 KL if you are interested Dan.
                              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

this is without question my new favorite car.

Comment

Working...
                                X