Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed the disty, changed the crank position sensor, added the second coolant sensor.

Drove fantastic. No CEL. No complaints.

I think Audrey is bisexual because in only 2 gas station stops (oil/systems checks) it attracted some hotties wearing the nicest of shorty shorts (yeah, I have a booty short fetish). If my girlfriend were the jealous type, this would be bad....but since she's on the 'window shop all you want' wavelength, it'll all work out

I drove her about 35 minutes tonight, and it was a huge grin-inducing experience. Perfect idle, nice torque, flat cornering...not much more a guy could ask for.

Once the assembly lube burnt off the rings/cyl. walls, she was just perfect.

Compression test:
    #1 - 180 psi
    #2 - 178 psi
    #3 - 185 psi
    #4 - 180 psi
    #5 - 185 psi
    #6 - 180 psi

Tomorrow, or later this week I'll get the alignment done before I take it on the highway. Also in the morning I'll put the last of the interior panels and back seats back in there.

Finally, a much deserved wash - she's still carrying 6+ months of dust.

I am so freaking happy. I can't believe I actually pulled it off.
    '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

So when will the sc go on?
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
          So when will the sc go on?
          Once he gets the swap CARB certified if I remember correctly.
          1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Awesome!!! Don't forget the requisite "all-cleaned up" photos.

Regards,
            Joel
            1988 323 GTX - Heavily modified

DJT Motorsports (Oak Park, MI) - like no other

Comment

I love not having emissions testing because I would surely fail. Lol

Keep up the good work.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

awesome man, i'm super happy for you everything worked out
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Im feeling the hood latches. Im in need of some myself since my hood scares the **** out of me at times, the way it attempts to lift while driving on the highway

Comment

I want an "all cleaned up" video! Can't wait!
                    Lookin' to boost my BP. Any help at all on this subject would be benificial to my success.

Comment

you did a amazing job man!!! i'm happy for you that the car run good. again great job!! that one nice 323 for sure!!!
                      2012 Kia rio
                      2009 Nissan Frontier
                      1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Should have some new photos on friday.

Apparently when AT&T says "your internet transition will be seamless" that means no signal for 5 days.

Alignment tomorrow.

I can't stop grinning every time I drive it, it's such a pleasure. It handles almost as good as my shifter kart did - I have the same feelings when I make right turns as it just goes right where you point it.

I washed it, too. She looks fantastic.

Comment

pics? I'm not amazed by alot of things, but this amazes me! Awesome 10 to 1 work! I wish this was mine! Hell, I wish i could build something half as neat as this, and run!
                          My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

so the past 2 days i looked at all 66pages of this build. trying to learn in any way possible how i can swap and how hard it is to swap a Ze/De into a 323. that is my next car/project. i'm not on here alot but the pictures the fab work and the final result are impeccable. i've always been a fan of customizations and swaps.
                            i'd like to say i really learned ALOT and your range of knowledge is beyond anything i've seen in a long time. good luck with the car and i hope it treats you as good as you have it.

Dave

Comment

^^ that pretty much sums it up lol Great job Dan and I'm lookin forward to some fresh pics/videos

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

lol, who added the 'badass' tag?

These pics are also posted in the photo forum.

Yes, those are zip ties on the rear license plate - that will be handled tomorrow

Also there is some residual polishing compound in places, that will also be taken care of soon.

Driven about 200 miles of city traffic, it's doing great. I saw some gear oil come out by the left side axle seal, I'll probably have to change that seal ($5) when I do the oil change on sunday.

I am seriously loving the torque, coming off the freeway in 5th and making a right turn without changing gears sure is nice. The 4.66 final certainly isn't hurting its 'get up and go' character. At 75 mph I am at 4000 rpm though, but at 65 a more manageable 3000ish, which is fine for staying out of trouble with the highway patrol.

I think my first 'mod' to it will be an H4 HID setup, but probably not until next week. There is a ton of room under the headlights to hide the wiring.

As far as the full wire tuck I had originally planned, I think I will skip on that, at least for the foreseeable future - first, I really really don't want to see wires for another 8 years, and second space is so tight, you really have to unravel the whole thing in order to do it right. Third, everything seems to be working fine, so I feel no particular urgency to mess with a good thing.

Another thing I have to address is the rear view mirrors (outside) - I haven't anticipated that they are LHD and RHD specific. Basically the range of adjustment is limited, as they are designed to be viewed from one side only. So I have to get some JDM or Aussie/British mirrors. Thankfully I have a lot of paint left (both black and gray).

Comment

Working...
                                X