Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the spacing is perfect. Have to change the inlet side but with your skills I see great things happening
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I wonder how it's going to sound.

Comment

I would wait and get some more miles on the car before changing the exhaust out. It will sound better with time.
        Lookin' to boost my BP. Any help at all on this subject would be benificial to my success.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
          .......So the change will be to a muffler from an Infinity G35, with the dual exits. I'll have to cut the spare tire well out, which suits me just fine. The width between the tips is also going to match the 323 nicely and the fact that they have a very slight downward tilt means I won't have to chop up the bumper lip. The tips are polished.
          Dan you have a great eye for what "works" automotively speaking... but I dont think "thats" the right way to go. It will require to much butchering of the very very tidy shell to fit the duel exit package. It looks heavy?? I think you will end up with an over capacity solution.

Just an opinion......

Comment

I'll give it a good thought, also depending on how the trailer hitch will fit. Yes, I'm putting a hitch on it. I sold my pickup and I will need something to pull my 12-ft aluminum boat with in the summer, and a 4'x8' utility trailer otherwise...if it looks too hideous, I'll skip it, but I think I can pull it off.
            '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
            '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
            10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
            490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Wow, that was quick...I ordered the hitch on Thursday the 13th, and it was at my door Friday the 14th.

For those who care, hitches that fit the 323 BG are made by Curt Manufacturing, and the part # is 11598.

Next week I'll be fiddling with the Infinity muffler and see how it all comes together with the hitch.

Comment

Well, the Infinity muffler is a pass.

It just won't play nice with the hitch (and it's not the muffler's fault). The hitch is asymmetric, so finding a way to make the twin tips look good while the hitch is the way it is will not work.

The hitch does look good with the single muffler though, since it was built for that. I will probably try to locate an HKS chambered muffler to keep the noise level down while keeping the sex level up.

Pics later tonight.

Comment

Ok, the car is absolutely filthy, it's been raining most of December/Jan and I have been slow with the cleanup.

Pre-work:

Hitch - wish the receiver was removable, but this will do. Just gotta wear shinguards now though....I can imagine what bone vs. steel feels like....

After raising the rear 8 mm - oh noes, not herrafrush anymore!

Comment

Beauty meets utility LOL
                    Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

looks good man, yea shinguards look a must lol, now you have to put some red JDM sticker saying TOW with an arrow pointing to it haha.
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Ah, gay, gay, gay, gay!!!

My KLZE has been dealing with the typical KL lifter chatter, and I had been debating taking it out and either rebuilding the heads or replacing the engine altogether.

Well apparently I was taking too long making up my mind, and the car decided to do it for me....on the way home from school today, I lost all gears except 3rd and 4th, which made for a fine drive during heavy commute traffic....

So this weekend I'll be replacing both. I'm putting the CZT 4.66 final drive back in, along with another KLDE or ZE I'm sourcing tomorrow.

Let the fun commence......again!

Comment

oh crap that sucks man! going to open the trans to see what failed?
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Depends how much time I have left over.

Usually with these things, when they go like this it's the diff pin coming loose and doing a number on the rest of the internals.

Comment

sorry to hear bout your troubles dan ...looking forward to the next chapter ..

Comment

sucks to hear man. where does that 4.66 FD come from?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X