Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTRs were all powered i believe, but there are some overseas models that had nice looking door panels that are manual. I think the NZ area.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
      Since there aren't many right-side a-pillar gauge pods, I have some ideas about encasing the Prosport gauges (boost, oil press. & water temp) and I'll be working on those in the next couple of days.

Did any GTX/GT-Rs come with manual windows? I'd love to have some GT-R door panels and the rear speaker panels
      Acutally...the only GTR'S that came without power windows is the GTae...good luck finding that

Comment

Originally posted by 323 GT-R View Post
        Acutally...the only GTR'S that came without power windows is the GTae...good luck finding that
        That was the Rally edition right ?
        1. 1990 Mazda 323 SE sedan , B3 8v R.I.P
        2. 1992 Mazda 323 GT hatch , B3 16v
        3. 2005 Kia Picanto EX , 1.0 12v
        4. 2007 Mazda 3 TC sedan , Z6 16v

Comment

Today I finished stripping the 323 interior and taking the brackets off the firewall. The next time I work on it will be cutting & welding time. Hopefully sometime on Sunday I'll get to that.

The color I've settled on for the car a few months ago is titanium silver - my other choices were the Lamborghini orange pearl, cadillac white pearl, or the electron blue off the Civic Si.

The 3 hole bumper from Corksport with EDM lights & corners:

'90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
          '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
          10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
          490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

man i love that bumper. oh that lambo orange would look nice for sure. another colour i like is the dark blue thats on the mazda 3 its almost a little on the purplish blue. for some reason i thinks its nice, would also look good on a properly done 323.
            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Well the economy is finally starting to hit home...the wheel of choice I was lusting after is the 16x9 Brock B1 (ET15), but the cheapest I've found so far is about $1,100 after shipping for just the wheels. So that will have to wait for some time.

For now I think I'll go with a slightly more mainstream XXR 002 in 16x8 with a 0 offset and 10-20mm spacers. For tires I'll try to track down some 245/40s but I don't know if they make them in the US so I need to do a little more math.

What I wanted:

What will most likely end up on the car:

Last edited by Dan [Sac]; 06-28-2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

those should look good on the car as well. almost like panasports
                91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

dam that bumper is so dam sexy!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Picked up the wheels today. Don't mind the color, previous owner was experimenting methinks, they will be returned to polished silver soon.

I will be running 10-20mm spacers and fender flares, and for tires I haven't decided yet if it'll be 245/45 or 245/35. I still have to run the numbers through the gear ratio calculator, but I will be running a pretty aggressive 4.8 final drive so depending on what 70mph cruise rpms are I'll pick the tire.

They're 16x8 XXR 002, 0 offset, 14.5 lb apiece. I like so far.

Comment

i had the same ones in black. sold em cuz they would rub when i had 2 people in the car and my tires were worn out on the sides.oh and they started peeling around the lip in about 6-7 months after buyin em.

cant wait to see this rhd project finshed.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Higher quality clearcoat should take care of that. As far as rubbing, these should not as I will cut the fenders & 1/4 panels about 1-2" when I put the flares on.

I also have half a mind to knock out the fake bolts and fill the holes but I don't know how badly (if at all) the wheel's balance will be thrown off (don't want to drive around with a pound of extra lead weights). I also hate how freaking hard it is to clean around those bolts when brake dust gets to them.

Comment

Great progess. That **** would lok sick in Civic SI blue.
                          This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

245/xx/16 tires have dried up here in the states. That's the factory size for my Starion and can't find them any more. If you do find someone still making them please post it up.

Kane

Comment

Vulcan tire has 11 different ones in 245/50/16, and 2 in 245/45/16. http://www.vulcantire.com/

Comment

Today's work:

323 interior, after removing tar & brackets

LHD interior firewall brackets

Firewall's first cut - I will cut all these holes smaller than the patches going back in so I can do lap welds instead of butt joints. Only those few in high visibility areas will get the smooth butt...joint.

Inside

First RHD brackets mocked up - these are support brackets for the brake & clutch pedal assembly, which is identical between RHD/LHD. I'm using the LHD assy. so that the plugs are compatible with the MX3 harness (since the assembly is from the MX3).

Wiper assembly - center brackets. On the left (stay with me now) is the RHD piece, on the right, the OEM LHD one. The position of the RHD piece is correct, I'll have to weld it there to make the RHD wiper assy. sweep the correct way.

Ummm...what? - this is from my parts stockpile - a 3" mandrel bent exhaust from a Probe. I'll make it fit on the 323 with a few small changes. 1 - cut that tip off and put on a less visible downturn. 2 - coat the muffler with black high temp ceramic coating. I don't need no stinkin' blinged out muffler

The good stuff - straight through, perforated innards.

Mmmmm, mandrel bends...

Icy Hot Stunna....for just a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X