Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coming along very nice. did you have to do a lot of custom wiring from the v6 harness to your dash, cluster, or anywhere else?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

No, I moved the ENTIRE V6 harness over, every single piece, bumper-to-bumper. A little more physical work, because it required dash & carpet removal, but it saves a ton of trouble later. Also very useful when it comes to get the car street legal, which is what my intent with this one is.
      '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
      '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
      10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
      490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

i think i need a towel.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
          No, I moved the ENTIRE V6 harness over, every single piece, bumper-to-bumper. A little more physical work, because it required dash & carpet removal, but it saves a ton of trouble later. Also very useful when it comes to get the car street legal, which is what my intent with this one is.
          wow, i was just going to see if i could use the engine harness alone.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I want to see the thing in paint already!
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

X2
              sigpic

Comment

No work done in the last few days, I've been busy making a custom sheetmetal manifold for the drag Probe.

I did all the design & fab work (other than the machined velocity stacks), then took it to a shop and had them tig weld the thing together:

That is all.

Next week (thanksgiving) I will be putting in 3 solid days of 12 hrs each into the 323. I hope to have her started in that span.
                '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

oh my!

Comment

Man that is nice. Thanks to you I am going to have to change my pants.
                      SPI swapped

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WhiteLightning96

Comment

Custom hood or you going to make it so you can used a sÞock hood ?
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

that intake is freekin sexy!!
                          sigpic

Comment

nice job! cowl hood? lol
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I'm thinking a cowl of some sort, probably. And i'm sure the car would benefit from a gob of cool fresh air into that oh so sexy intake manifold
                              My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

JDM bumpers

Originally posted by 'Dan [Sac
                                I don't know why people are complaining about the CS prices, @ $278 + shipping this thing was a bargain as far as all things JDM go.
                                Well, you live in CA, I want to order both bumpers, F/R, the total amount for delivery to FL is almost $1,000 with shipping and tax. A grand for two bumpers, c'mmon is a major rip-off, but I guess thats what you got to pay for JDM. After all its just a bumper, I know places around here they sell the stock bumpers for 20 bucks each. I know its not the same, but you got to be realistic of the over-rated price.

ANyway, the thread is not about bumpers so I do apologize.

"It should be alright. Only looking for light boost (5-7 psi, which on this motor comes to about 300 bhp)"... I want to see a dyno once you are done. The engine from stock does 165 +-, to think it will increase almost 140 hp on just 7 psi, mmhh well, I do not know. Then again I do not have much experience on V6, would not touch one even if they pay me, 4 cans is my deal. You say in other forums that power can be achieved, so lets see. That the engine will push hard it is not far from driving a MX-3 and that car with that engine is no bullet. If maybe you were talking about a KL-ZE that would be a total different story.

Besides that, great work, a little over-kill on the job done to it but that is your project. Like in every project there are things I do not like and others I do. I give you ten thousand props for the high quality pictures, for dedicating your sacrificed time and arduous work and have the time to share the evolution of the 323 with us. I saw each and every page, excellent work, you have great talent, welding, prepping, paint, etc amazing skill. Instant subs to this thread!
                                Last edited by psiturbo; 11-18-2009, 04:05 PM. Reason: JDM POWELOL

Comment

Working...
                                X