No announcement yet.

EGT Group 2 Rallycar Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sending the stock window over to my lexan guy to have him cut a couple for the various projects---I can have him cut some extra ones if you like. You'd have to mask and paint the inside black and then glue it in. The race cars are getting the 1/8" which is flimsy/floppy, for the street cars I'd do 3/16", I tryed 1/4" once and it was hard to curve...
    sigpicwww.piercemotorsports.com www.piercemotorsport.com Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...91292610897146

Comment

Here's a cool (pun) trick to get rid of the heavy undercoating/sound deadening goop glued to the floor of just about every car ever built in america...DRY ICE!!! Makes for great pics too...
      sigpicwww.piercemotorsports.com www.piercemotorsport.com Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...91292610897146

Comment

see i had no problem chipping mine out

Comment

what kinda of clips/fasteners (hood pins) are you gonna use to secure the trunk and hood.
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

I'm trying to sell him on the aerocatch products, but he'll probably end up with sparco hoodpins in the front with terry springs in the back...

Comment

mind sharing the build expense thus far?
              1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
              Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
              "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

i did the samething with my 323, dry ice work real good.
                2012 Kia rio
                2009 Nissan Frontier
                1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Sure why not-
                  Momo Wheel/quickrelease/adapter/hub---$370
                  fidanza Flywheel-$380
                  Mech. Pull firesystem-$425
                  1 fire Extinguisher/double bracket-$60
                  new kia axles/jack shaft-$180
                  Used Header/cat/exhaust/magnaflow-$300
                  Fia Rally Cage-$3500
                  Cobra Sebring seat/alloy mounts/sliders-$1280
                  Custom rear controll arms/rod ends/spacers/labor-$500
                  2 sets Schroth 6 point Hans camlocks-$650
                  KAAZ LSD-60% lock up/labor install-$1490
                  Carbon Fiber hood-$269
                  Carbon Fiber Hatch-$490
                  Hot bits suspension-$2000
                  Pwr Steering belt-$20

Additionally-labor to: delete AC/heater/cruise/remove dash/exhaust/swaybars/rear control arms/ install header-4 hours

remove seats/wheel/machine arms-4 hours

pull motor/trans/install flywheel/clutch/radiator/motor mounts/change all fluids/install rear brace-8 hours

Remove seat brackets from floor (remove spot welds then brackets) 1 hours

remove undercoating from floor with dry ice (dry ice $12) 1 hour

Make drivers side seat mount (flat straps welded to floor for bracing) 2 hours

Install Hotbits struts/set ride height- 3 Hours

That's it so far...

Comment

eeeep lol
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Roughly 12 grand on a car that's not likely more than 3 grand stock?

You're my new hero!

Comment

Originally posted by Euphoria View Post
                        Roughly 12 grand on a car that's not likely more than 3 grand stock?

You're my new hero!
                        With labor my count is closer to $15,000 and still many zeroes away from completion... building race cars ain't cheap man. This is also a budget build (relatively). You could blow $15,000-$20,000 with your eyes closed on a serious shock setup for a rally car.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...-run_18851.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Georonimo View Post
                          With labor my count is closer to $15,000 and still many zeroes away from completion... building race cars ain't cheap man. This is also a budget build (relatively). You could blow $15,000-$20,000 with your eyes closed on a serious shock setup for a rally car.

agreed, I've prob spent over 6000 on my engine alone... I do most all my own work though, so that takes some of the labor out.... hmm lets see
                          pistons/rods...850
                          gtx motor 800
                          fidanza gears..300
                          vj20/t3 hybrid turbo...1200
                          exhaust manny...700
                          dual feed fuel rail 200
                          synchronic fpr 200
                          550cc injectors..200
                          head port/polish....500
                          acl race bearings..100
                          ati superdamper...500
                          various parts jet-hotted...200
                          bottom end balanced to 10,000 rpm... 150
                          gtr intake manny.. 200
                          ....sheesh thats the first time ive added it up....doesnt even include engine management, fuel pump, hoses and fittings, fuel pump again....it goes on and on....

Comment

I know it's not cheap. But there aren't that many people putting that much time, money and effort into cars such as these. Therefor, I have great respect for what you're doing, and wish you the best of luck in winning the first race that beast attends.

Comment

jp, Im also going to need some type of bracing that will sit right under the cf hatch that I can mount a apr wing too so the hatch doesnt flex and the downforce is transfered straight to the suspension

Comment

Originally posted by Euphoria View Post
                                I know it's not cheap. But there aren't that many people putting that much time, money and effort into cars such as these. Therefor, I have great respect for what you're doing, and wish you the best of luck in winning the first race that beast attends.
                                these r sleeper cars, theyre light to start with, and parts are relatively cheep compared to other cars....plus...u never see them done to this extent very much...I cant wait till I have a finished product...

Comment

Working...
                                X