WH's 4wd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 25th

Spent another day playing around. Ya, work is play. I'm good like that. I stoopidly left a box ful of replacement parts at home. Brought a $h!t ton of other stuff, but that 1 box had quite a lot in it. So I accomplished other tasks. Mostly asthetic.. As the box had go-go parts in it. Worked on removing wireharness after i finally found the one that will go in. Slowly putting the enterior back to good shape. Cleaned up a lil more of the engine bay. But really, today (10 am-8pm) was mostly asthetic. Bummer, but was still productive.
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Up to date now!!!!!

96 Hrs Dedication

Ok. not completely, i would if i could. but allergies are killing me too.

Here's what i got done today!
      • Interior completely installed minus drivers door car
      • Wire harness removed with new routed through
      • sway bar mounts repaired with new mounting kit
      • lots of stuff painted, fun/look good
      • inner tie rods replaced
      • outer tie rod ends replaced
      • removed tranny from SOHC
      • mounted up clutch and flywheel assembly to new motor
      • started cleaning tranny casing
      • oil change on two cars
      • repaired kite boarding kit
      • ate a large pizza from Lil Ceasars for $5 in 13 minutes
      • consumed 16 cans of Strawberry Crush

I was gonna post pics.. but can't find my card reader... =(
      I'm going back tomorrow to see if i can possibly get the engine at least in and bolted down
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Wow! I thought I was slow for taking two years to do my swap. Hahaha. Looking good. Hope to see some more progress soon.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

awesome build and worklog jason! lots of pictures and those clear corners are nice looking.cant wait to see more of your build and maybe a bpt in your near future.

thanks for the tiebar home skillit.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Filling in soem blanks between the process... I sold off all the jdm goodies quite some time ago. clear corners went too. Than some time around this year i think i picked up a 90 Familia rear garnish with rear fogs. Hacked off them bad boys. got the rear spoiler properly installed..

Today.. sucked.. I dragged the bp to the front of the car. then the tranny too. can't them together right.. Alignment issue. I borrowed a clutch aligmnet tool, think i got it done. just don't feel comfotorable with it. Thinking it's still off. Got a call from the fam. issues.. had to come home right away after only getting a couple hours on the car.

crap.. i need the pics uploaded as i have some questions but can't find the card rearer!!!! btw, does the sohc intake work on a bp....? i doubt it, just curious

Comment

it does, i'm using one right now (sohc intake) but you need the box as well . take your time on the clutch alignment as you sure as hell dont want to take it all back out again

Comment

You're like me Jason. Slow and steady
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Well my friends.... the car has a new home.. So best begin a new chapter for this machine....

Oh.. my bad... did i forget to mention i moved... i have a house... WITH A 2 CAR GARAGE!!!!!!!! ok, technically not a house, i didn't buy it.. it's a duplex.. but it's a house to me

this is prolly the biggest thing to happen for me in a while. I can finally work on my cars. Not worry about getting yeld at for $H!T!!!!! have 2 room mates.. they both pretty much live on the 2nd story. It's 3 bdr, 2 full bath. My stipulation was since I get the garage, i'll take the smallest room. Although i really could use the master room as i have more furniture and my roomies have next to nothing (i have the entire place furnished with my own stuff) I felt this was more fair. So... after 5 hours of getting the car finally on a trailer which i rented for $50.. paid $31 in fuel for my friend bringing his truck down. Bought tie down ratchets and bungee coord to hold the driveline in place.. ($32) it's done. in my home, and dear god it's nice!!!

still dunno when the car will be finished, but now i can truly work on it. and at my own pace..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great!!!! That's kickass, guy!

I've actually just found a place in town that I want to buy. Gotta actually check it out and stuff, but it's got a separate garage building that's high enough to put a lift in!!!

Comment

glad to see it sheltered
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                      X