Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have no idea what im doing to my 323 (build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well my engine is near the expiry point (2491xx kms) so it is giving me hints it will die soon, leaking lost of coolant from the pump and the starter sumtims makes a grinding sound and wont turn the engine over.

i have decided i will do a bp swap. i have never done an engine swap before, and i dont have a garage, just a driveway and a buddy who said he will help me (he has just as much car experience as me, next to nothing)

so my first question is, what engine do i have now. is it a B8?

if its a b8 i will just mod my harness

next question is, what is a VICS and where in the vics do i put the new wire

and lastly where dose the new wire plug into the distributor?

i found someone on here that will sell me a bp so now all i need s a ecu for a automatic bp

oh one more question do i use the engine mounts that are on the car or do i need mounts from the bp, i think i can use the ones i have because its the same block right?
    i hate rear wipers

Comment

just grab a BP harness if you're not comfortable with the wiring, its a real easy swap man. I did a BP swap in my old 323 and all i screwed up was the fuel lines lol, had them backwards.

JACK.

PS. you probably have a B6, not a B8.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Me and Jack should take a roadtrip to come help when you want to swap in the BP.

We've both done it to our B6 323s (mind you, mine's on the road and his is sold) and could lend a hand if need be.

After you've pulled a BP once, you'd be suprised how quick and easy it is every time after that. Just gotta know which bolts need to be removed and where.
        I peered out from the castle window and looked over the splendor of ROTM county. Yes, twas' a much simpler time back then. Peasants would go about their postings, and I, the mod, would rule over them with an iron fist.

Comment

seriously, all of you guys are saying that you've never seen a 323 hatch without a rear wiper? i've never seen one WITH the rear wiper! so if you want one ive got a few kickin around, and we could do a straight trade, maybe?
          loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
          73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
          sigpic

Comment

.....huh?
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by Sockington View Post
              Me and Jack should take a roadtrip to come help when you want to swap in the BP.

We've both done it to our B6 323s (mind you, mine's on the road and his is sold) and could lend a hand if need be.

After you've pulled a BP once, you'd be suprised how quick and easy it is every time after that. Just gotta know which bolts need to be removed and where.
              I'm off mondays and tuesdays! Let's do this haha

JACK.
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

finally got a muffler for the mazda, i dont know the brand but it sounds ok, ill get a sound clip later.

i got it from a junk yard for $10. its a little dirty now because me and some friends went drifting on some gravel roads when we went camping.

the engine swap will have to wait until i get a new job, everyones hours have been cut back (im down to 5 a week)
                i hate rear wipers

Comment

On the bright side 2491xx kms is just broken in for a 323. Mine went 470000KM and it was still working perfect (although poluting just enough not to pass the emission test) when I removed it.
                  Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

ya the first time it failed NOx by 50 points and the 2nd time it just passed

limit of 505 reading of 500, i think it was just luck that i passed.
                    i hate rear wipers

Comment

that muffler looks pretty good actually. when it comes time for the swap... just take ur time.. take lotsa of pics... and record of where stuff goes, and such..it'll definately come in handy.. keep track of ALL the bolts too.... Invest in ZipLock lol
                      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Bag'n'tag - it will save your ass more than you think.
                        '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                        '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                        10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                        490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

started the body work today. i decided that i will paint it one panel at a time.

i started with the worst part on the car, the hood.

removed scoop

look at all those dents

scuffed the hood with a scuffy pad

the pad

first bondo job

second bondoing and some sanding

third bondoing and some sanding

more bondo and paint tomorrow.
                          i hate rear wipers

Comment

For a guy that claims he does not know what he is doing, the car is progressing and lookin' very good.
                            Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

lol thanks,

the internet is a great resource.
                              i hate rear wipers

Comment

nice job! i'm doing the same job in my 323!! keep us posted

1995 KIA Sephia GS
                                1992 Mazda 323

Comment

Working...
                                X