No announcement yet.

Mazdasly75's GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very very NICE! Exactly the manifold I was looking to make, but was like 300 vs Egay mani... I got my Egay for 125

Well done, I like it a lot
    Josh
    95' AWD MX-3 RST - Still a work in progress
    05' MS RX-8 - Needing some love in the form of a new motor, soon to be FE3 powered
    Work Log - http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53776
    Cardomain Page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/408020
    Face Book page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mazda-...37983472959216

Comment

very nice work man like how the engine look. 5*****

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments!!

here's few more pictures of the downpipe.

Enjoy!
        -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
        -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
        -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

mmmm vband

NW MAZDAS

Comment

nice welds on the vbands! everything looks top notch though, great work.

That turbo looks like a beast btw, is it a 4" inlet? Looks pretty big lol
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

The downpipe is 3" and the turbo inlet is 4"
              -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

your o2 sensor is a little too far back? Great welds by the way

Comment

Can't wait for see this baby running ! mx-3_4evr, yup i was thinking the same thing but i'm sure it's for the safety of the sensor, they are not very reliables

Comment

I love the manifold, almost enough room to keep the stock radiator in place! im very fond how you tucked the runners close to the engine like that.
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

We need a production of this manifold

Comment

^ in order for a production it would need the outer most closest to the rad support tucked in more. no point in mass producing a manifold we couldnt all use
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                          your o2 sensor is a little too far back? Great welds by the way
                          Why? it dosen't matter how far it's sitting, it could be at the end of the exhaust it would read perfectly

The reasons, 2 things!
                          -the car is AWD, have to put it after the tranfert box.
                          -EGT are pushed to the limit. It's write down of AEM manual that on turbo setup it's better to put sensor 18" away from turbo cause those bosh sensors are pretty fragile. I can tell you I've blown a couple of those, since it's a little far back with heat sink (as per innovate recommendation) I never blown one again.

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                            I love the manifold, almost enough room to keep the stock radiator in place! im very fond how you tucked the runners close to the engine like that.
                            Thanks I've work lots to be that squeezed, but if I get the chance to build another one, with all the experience I got with this one, it would clear the rad, but with pusher style fans.

Comment

just a quick question with regards to the engine build. What ring end gaps and piston to cylinder clearance did you use?

Comment

I used a piston to cylinder clearance of 0.004", 1st ring end gap 0.028" and 2nd 0.019"

Comment

Working...
                                X