No announcement yet.

Mazdasly75's GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how come street radials for the next set?
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Hehe... http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...StreetRadialII

See those tire's treads? don't mess with water lol, it's like what i got, RT615. I'd like to see the specs though?! not available...and for that price i can get 2 sets of Falken azenis.
      -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
      -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
      -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Why not have a look at some Toyo R888's.... If you are going for more of a competition/high performance kind of tire... My autocross club out here is sponsered by toyo and we have had a lot of opportunities to play with the R888's... Guys are loving them out here...

Comment

I still got a set of Toyo RA1 on another set of wheels for lapping days. I don't think my tires are bads, engine's just very powerful. I really like my tires right now but somewhere in the middle of next summer will be their last breathe.
          -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

Universally, the mickey thompsons seem to be overall the favorite with the majority of drag radial users. The new nittos are also good, but don't have quite as much grip. However, the nittos have slightly better treadlife, so it's a tradeoff. Those mickeys will be good for about 4000-7000km, depending on how you "use" them haha. And yeah, they aren't too good in rain
            Tyler has spoken

Comment

hi there! quick update, the car is actually stored since November 30th, in my home garage

And Santa passed at my 2nd garage and here what he left in my lane

1990 JDM ST-185 in great shape, 127 000 km. The future donor for the transmission transplant. Many of you would drive at least the car through the winter but I can't stop drifting the Evo. Nah seriously I got the car for cheap cause it needs to pass inspection to get back on road. It has 3" exhaust catless, alternator's frozen, the belt just exploded and brakes are all rusted due 2 years without moving, the previous owner took a year to change timing belt, water pump, oil pump and clutch. he left the car standing outside in his lane for another year...he forgot to pay for car's licence, that's why inspection's needed.

Anyway after I get the parts, everything left on the car will be for sale...along with familia's removed parts.

Comment

That was awefully nice of santa! Working on the conversion over the winter?
                I would definitely be interested in the GT-Four badges for my 90 alltrac.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...-run_18851.htm

Comment

I'll start working on the conversion by the end of winter. Keep in mind what you need, I'll part out the GT-Four early in February.

Comment

Any new developpement? Love your build

Comment

Finally, I'm driving the car today my garage to do the gt4 swap things. Been so busy at work had to spend most my time there, so more to come soon!

Comment

Just read through the entire thread. I really love your dedication to this project. It now have me praying for the acquisition of a bg Familia gtx minus the engine and gearbox, that is currently for sale. I don't mind the rolling shell as i have a spare bp engine that I'm going to rebuild & install the 4wd gearbox from either the Toyota Caldina GT-T or the Celica GT-4.

BIG UP!!! on your build. Its well documented and highly motivational.

Comment

Glad you liked it! I appreciate. The project still growing up, slow but still

Good luck with your project, if you need any advice don't hesitate to contact me!

Sly

Comment

Fantastic car!
                            You still have the evc? Also I have one but I have a problem: the rpm read by the evc taken from the exit of the control unit is not stable, for example at 1500 rpm, the numbers in the display ara moving from 1500 to 20000 rpm continuously, in fact the graph is all zig-zag constantly.
                            You had the same problem? You remember the cable used for the rpm behind the ECU?
                            Thanks!

Comment

Hi Enrico,

first, thank you for your comment, I appreciate.

Yes I still run that awesome EVC VI on my car!! I don't ever had any issue with it. Yes I remember that cable, was kind of easy to connect. If my memory is exact, you have to connect it to the ignitor. What kind of coil are you using? In my setup I use megasquirt and MSD ignition.

Comment

Yes i connect to the ignitor (yellow/blue cable), but my car at now is OEM, also the coil is OEM... maybe this is the problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X